Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Could be a repackaged arb knock-off. For that kind of money I would buy name brand.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Could be a repackaged arb knock-off. For that kind of money I would buy name brand.

Most of these lockers are at least $100 less than the smaller ARB price. They feature a 2 year warranty like ARB, these are also a 4 pinion design with a great actuator system. TJM use's a piston type actuator that doesn't have a rotating sealing surface like the ARB. Both TJM and ARB are great lockers but we wanted to offer one more option!
I found these claims interesting.

Watch the video in the Vendors ad (second link I added), it looks to be assembled/built quite a bit different than the ARB.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Whoever makes them is doing a poor job of marketing them if they are a premium product.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I once asked the masses "anyone heard of or used a spartan locker?" no one had heard of it, so i decided to be a pioneer. less than 2 weeks later i was out a couple hundred bucks and had a broken spartan locker in a toyota 8" rear that was on all terrain 33s. This thread gives me flashbacks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Looks like Aussie based company, http://www.tjm.com.au/, we got also one copy version of ARB locker here in Finland under name of TML locker. Pretty sure made in China, not sure how realible those are, but quite a bit cheaper than the real ones, TML I mean.

·
Registered
13 Posts
yes australian based company, have used them in a few different rigs, yes different design to arb, less prone to air leaks as . although never run one in a hilux, only 80/100 series and nissan patrols (y60 i think),even swapped out arbs to fit these. i believe they are a copy of this locker http://www.mcnamaradiffs.com.au/ordering.html which were orignally only available in vacuum operated but are now available in air aswell

·
Registered
13 Posts
the arb was originally designed by a Robert in the 80's which was then bought by arb in the late 80's?, seperate design then the mcnamara

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thought I'd chime in to keep the Urban legend at a minimum:)

Not made in China
Not an ARB copy.
Not a Zip Locker copy.

TJM has been been manufacturing in-house and selling Pro-Lockers since 2005.
Design was patented over 20+ years ago by Jack McNamara and is now owned by TJM.

Might be a little better info here?
TJM Pro Locker Air Locking Differential - YouTube

Our primary market has been TJM's 42 Megastores in Australia.

TJM has now opened up its own North America location in Riverside CA.

ProLockers, Stealth Winches, Recovery Gear,Lighting, Snorkels, BullBars, Suspension, etc. will all be serviced and supported here in Riverside.

a little more info at tjmusa.com (its a crappy site I know, new one coming)
and we always try to put up more info on our Facebook page, TJM USA.

If anyone is in the area I'd encourage you to pop in and say hi!

Oh.....and if you need a Job????? Were hiring!!

We really apreciate all the support we have been given to date!

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
455 Posts

I looked into these in the past but price was prohibative at the time.

Thought I'd chime in to keep the Urban legend at a minimum:)

Not made in China
Not an ARB copy.
Not a Zip Locker copy.

TJM has been been manufacturing in-house and selling Pro-Lockers since 2005.
Design was patented over 20+ years ago by Jack McNamara and is now owned by TJM.

Thanks,
Chris

Cheaper than the originals were! They used to have the availiabilty to make it cable actuated as well..... you have provisions for that?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Only a little less expensive now because we bring in containers every month from the land down under to Riverside CA....... We had a cable set up, but it is being reworked and made better....old one was ok...just could be made better.....

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,734 Posts
I am the one pushing TJM Pro Lockers and I do not sell zip lockers or any Yukon product for that matter. Just thought i'd clear that up. :p

Jeff
Sorry about that, wrong guy!!!!:grinpimp:

·
Under Powered
905 Posts
Saw these at SEMA way back in 2006. Also surprised it took so long to get them here. They have Nissan applications as well as Toy and others.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts