Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I either suck, or the info i want is not out there. I am looking for a diff height comparison between a toy and a 60 with the same tires, so i have an idea of how much ground clearance i would loose if i decide to go with the swap.

I can't seem to keep these toy axles alive for shit. 3 birfs, rear shaft and a knuckle in the last 4 days of wheeling.

·
Registered
10,213 Posts
I either suck, or the info i want is not out there. I am looking for a diff height comparison between a toy and a 60 with the same tires, so i have an idea of how much ground clearance i would loose if i decide to go with the swap.

I can't seem to keep these toy axles alive for shit. 3 birfs, rear shaft and a knuckle in the last 4 days of wheeling.
Wouldn't the height be relatively the same? Only difference would be a very slight axle tube diameter. You talking about 1/4" if that. :confused:

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wouldn't the height be relatively the same? Only difference would be a very slight axle tube diameter. You talking about 1/4" if that. :confused:
I was shooting for height from the floor to the diff. The diff on a 60 is much bigger.

·
Registered
14,711 Posts
prolly loose about 1-1/2" - 2" diff clearance. i'll leave the rest up to seabass44 and that one dude who drops by sometimes, forgot his name...

·
Registered
10,213 Posts
he's asking how much more the 60 hangs down

::edit:: damn i'm slow
Ah shit..............Sorry.

FWIW, its about an inch or so. I had one at the shop recently on 37s. Measured it compared to my old rig with Toys on 37s. It was like 1-1.5" difference.

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
Ah shit..............Sorry.

FWIW, its about an inch or so. I had one at the shop recently on 37s. Measured it compared to my old rig with Toys on 37s. It was like 1-1.5" difference.
That sounds about right. I had about the same clearance with toy's and 37's as I do now with 39.5s and 60.

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
when I first switched I kept the 37's I had to save money, lost some clearance but it didn't matter, it flexed 100x better, was 100x more stable, and when I did get hung up I wasn't afraid to push through with some gas :)

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I'm about(in like 6 months) to swap a 60 into mine.....already have the 60. I could measure the difference for you tomorrow but the 1.5" sounds about right.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I got about the same. 1-1.5. Thats going from 39.5 Trxus on toy axles to 39 Irok on 60's

1 - 10 of 10 Posts