1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is written on the inside cover:

J-47370
Model 4 Axle Maintenance Kit
(Heavy Duty & Business Class Applications)

It has 6 components in it. 3 seal installers, a 6 pronged long socket (looks like it a 14 bolt socket but longer), a handle and a parking brake aligner.

Thanks for the help - Doug

·
Premium Member
6,712 Posts
i looked through a shit ton of catalogs, kent moore, otc, spx, miller.... no mention of that tool set. sorry. any pics? The only model 4 axles i found belong to trains......

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I'll get a picture tonight. It's a nice set... although it's a paper weight until I find out what it's for.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
"J" prefix means it's a dealer service tool. Most likely Chevrolet/GM.
Business class refers to a medium duty truck. (something like a freightliner FL70) Maybe a tool for something like a GMC TopKick?

Even if you find out what it's for, it might stay a paperweight. J tools can have *extremely* specific applications.

·
Dabbler
2,161 Posts
Take the pinion nut axle socket into a parts store and line it up with another 6 lug socket. Its probably GM. When you find the pattern-thats your application-I am sure the other seal drivers and misc tools fit the same application-you just need to ID the diamter of the axle nurt socket.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Take the pinion nut axle socket into a parts store and line it up with another 6 lug socket. Its probably GM. When you find the pattern-thats your application-I am sure the other seal drivers and misc tools fit the same application-you just need to ID the diamter of the axle nurt socket.
This isn't for anything you're going to find in the auto parts store or at least any parts store I've been too.

Look at the size of the drivers next to the beer can, they are fairly large. I'm ASSuming it's for something medium duty or up, especially since it says that. Look at my first post for that info.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its HD truck stuff. Where did you find it?
Not to be an ass and I appreciate the help, but I said in the first post it's for Heavy duty and business class trucks. I was looking for specific info, like 1992-1997 Chevy C70's.

·
Registered
1 Posts
really what this is for

I know it's been a while since the last thread was posted and maybe you already know what this is used for. if not, here's the low down. I work in a heavy truck dealership and was looking for component parts for this kit and googled the part number when i came across this thread. This kit is a seal installer for the Freightliner/Alliance drive axles made by Mercedes-Benz. it's a fairly expensive kit. hope this helps.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts