Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was searching through the site (http://www.bds-suspension.com/suspensionsystems_5jeep.html) , and found the wagoneer 4" front springs. From what i know abotu BDS, they have some awesome products, and warrenty out of heven. So has anyone tried them in the front of a toy? My only thought is that 4" lift may be too tall for the front of a toy.. but then they probabally have a softer spring rate than a 44044.. so they will prob net about 6" of lift, i think. Sound about right?

So has anyone tried them?

Garrett

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Stay away!!!

Yes I have... Well, sorta... When I was initially building my truck I checked out what BDS had to offer since I had such good luck with a set I put on a Suburban I built. Had my parts dealer call BDS and get the spring rate... Amazingly, BDS gave the same rate as the 44044's... So I oredered a set... Went to pick them up and nearly passed out... Seven THICK leaves and factory rubber captured bushings. I wedged the spring and jumped up and down on it (highly technical testing here :D) and couldn't get it to budge with my 220lbs. These things belong on a cement truck. Ordered the 44044's and compared them side to side... The BDS pack was 3/4 of an inch thicker (remember, 7 thin leaves are tough to fit under a hy-steer) and it was shorter than the 44044 by 1.5 inches... The 44044 was CLEARY a softer spring and what I'm pleased to run to this date. My take on these springs? Guess they just got lucky with the chevys... BDS? More like BS...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts