Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried putting three golf balls in the tires to try and balance them? Particularily on 38" SX's that are just mounted, no balance. My rear two wobble so bad at 65, the whole truck looks like it's gonna shake itself apart. Just curious if anyone's tried it and what the results were.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
545 Posts
you've been out in the hot sun too long. <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
318 Posts
Take it to a shop that gives lifetime balance. That way when they don't get it right the first time you can take it back and get it done again for free.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
717 Posts
I think this only works on golf carts. <IMG SRC="smilies/smile.gif" border="0">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
Originally posted by BigBadBob:
<STRONG>That way when they don't get it right the first time you can take it back and get it done again for free.</STRONG>
or you knock all the weights off on rocks <IMG SRC="smilies/tongue.gif" border="0">

[ 08-27-2001: Message edited by: MCFLY4X4 ]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,491 Posts
Try driving it to the trail like Jack and I do! <IMG SRC="smilies/thefinger.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/wink.gif" border="0">
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,527 Posts
LoL you guys make me laugh. yes it does work, only at speed tho. no i havent done it and if ya did a search you would have found this topic came up last week or so. DONT USE EQUAL if the least bit of mosture gets in the tire it will clump up and not work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
I don't think it would hurt anything. TRY IT! Now the post should have read? Who's got the best balls?? ......Titlest or Top Flite? Titanium core?
If nothing else it will sound cool and you'll probably get better mpg! <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
545 Posts
Originally posted by pmurf1:
<STRONG>Anyone tried putting three golf balls in the tires to try and balance them? Particularily on 38" SX's that are just mounted, no balance. My rear two wobble so bad at 65, the whole truck looks like it's gonna shake itself apart. Just curious if anyone's tried it and what the results were.</STRONG>
Bring them over to my shop and we'll give it a try. I have a tire machine. <IMG SRC="smilies/eyemouth.gif" border="0">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,403 Posts
IF your gonna got to all the trouble of putting golf balls in your tires, wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to just get them balanced. <IMG SRC="smilies/skull.gif" border="0">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Putting balls in rubber while drinkin <IMG SRC="smilies/beer.gif" border="0">! I don't know sounds kinda of <IMG SRC="smilies/rainbow.gif" border="0"> . Make sure to keep us updated if you try it! <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,262 Posts
Originally posted by kristopher:
<STRONG>Putting balls in rubber while drinkin <IMG SRC="smilies/beer.gif" border="0">! I don't know sounds kinda of <IMG SRC="smilies/rainbow.gif" border="0"> . Make sure to keep us updated if you try it! <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"></STRONG>
If its so gay why do you want to be kept updated on it? <IMG SRC="smilies/thefinger.gif" border="0">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,554 Posts
sounds like it could work to me..

isn't it the same idea as those centramic wheel balancers or whatever?? they have stuff in 'em and at speeds it all evens out and balances a seemingly unbalanced wheel?? frankentaco runs 'em and i think they're used on lots of semis and stuff.. yay???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
253 Posts
Originally posted by pmurf1:
<STRONG>Anyone tried putting three golf balls in the tires to try and balance them? Particularily on 38" SX's that are just mounted, no balance. My rear two wobble so bad at 65, the whole truck looks like it's gonna shake itself apart. Just curious if anyone's tried it and what the results were.</STRONG>

What... Golf balls? I think one must have hit you in the head! I think you need to lay off the beer man! LOL
<IMG SRC="smilies/bounce2.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/bounce.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/bounce2.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/bounce.gif" border="0">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34,267 Posts
1st nobody seems to have a machine that will do tires over 36" so he probely can't just have them balanced.
2nd, when I get my 4D's on I want to try the ball thing, but wonder how many to use, try it for all of us, test with just 1 at 1st, not sure how much one weighs, but the weight will be farther out from the rim so less weight will be needed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,053 Posts
Originally posted by pmurf1:
<STRONG>Anyone tried putting three golf balls in the tires to try and balance them? Particularily on 38" SX's that are just mounted, no balance. My rear two wobble so bad at 65, the whole truck looks like it's gonna shake itself apart. Just curious if anyone's tried it and what the results were.</STRONG>
put the bong down and back away

<IMG SRC="smilies/smokin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/smokin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/smokin.gif" border="0">
 
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Top