Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about using some Cage/Duff arms in the rear of my Early Bronco and copying the front suspension for the rear and using air shocks. Anybody have any experience with doing this?

I want to keep it simple, that's why I want to use air shocks, would the 2" air shocks be enough? or should I be looking for the 2.5"? I'd use a track bar and at the same time move the rear axle back like 6" and the front forward 2". I think I can get away with 2" maybe 3 in the front without issues....

Any help? thoughts?

·
Premium Member
13,267 Posts
Rear radius arms are kinda "hit an miss". A select few have ran them over the years with no issues... but they make an assload of anti-squat and in many conditions can turn your rig into a rockhumper. Also can be a bit scary if you need to get into the throttle while going downhill.

For the money you would spend on another set of Cage/Duff arms i would just go with a 4-link IMHO.

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
For the money you would spend on another set of Cage/Duff arms i would just go with a 4-link IMHO.
I agree.

I considered using those arms on the front of my GMC, but built my own three link instead.

Youre gonna spend a small fortune on their arms. Youd be much better off custom building a 3 or 4 link.

You would be happier with the results and maybe even save some coin.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts