·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
8,196 Posts
I have one, love it, and rarely use it.

When I have a pull, where the tow strap is taught, I always use a normal flat strap. They are more durable, and have less 'maintance' to them.

When I have to do a 'Slack Drop' or, when I have to use the momemtum of my vehicle to pull another truck out, I use the kinetic yanker strap. It is far more effective. Down side is that it rots from the inside out, and has to be cleaned every time it gets dirty. PITA, I know, but its worth it.

I see this strap being the most useful to people who run sand dunes on a regular basis.

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
Yup seems usefull if you have space to get a run. Seems like we are always in tight areas when we need a strap.

·
Registered
671 Posts
they are excellent for recovery in the mud and sand.

the first time i used one i hit the end of the rope in second gear (4L) at redline and it drug me back at least 10 feet toward the buried SR5:eek: the second pull with a twenty foot running start got him out:grinpimp: that was about 6 years ago. i love those things, but keeping them clean is impossible. well atleast in the mud. when you need one nothing else will do:smokin:

Attachments

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they are excellent for recovery in the mud and sand.

the first time i used one i hit the end of the rope in second gear (4L) at redline and it drug me back at least 10 feet toward the buried SR5:eek: the second pull with a twenty foot running start got him out:grinpimp: that was about 6 years ago. i love those things, but keeping them clean is impossible. well atleast in the mud. when you need one nothing else will do:smokin:
I was wondering about the severity of the recoil but it sounds like you reached that point with some speed!

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
great minds must think alike, after watching that same vid I have been really considering buying one as well. We play mostly in snow and strap rather than winch most of the time as well, something with alot of stretch would really be benificial in our case. The price really isnt too bad either, 70 bux for the 20' 33k lb is about what youd pay for a nice regular strap.
By the way this would prolly get more responses in the Gen4x4 section.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You're probably right about the location of the post, but I'm usually just on here...I'm looking at adding one to my kit for snow/sand recoveries. I'll still carry normal straps, but I think think will work far better in certain situations and you can't beat the price.

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
hahaha :laughing::laughing:

"It’s brutal and savage. The fact is though, that two middle aged men, deeply unfit, and mostly drunk have made it! That’s entirely to the incredible machine that took us there."

·
Registered
66 Posts
We use them a lot down here in NZ, they work really well in mud and snow when you have to break a suction effect ot the snow bank in front of the truck.

Their limitations are length, straight line is best and they wear out (permanantley stretch) also they do break as mud and grit gets in them and every stretch is an abrasive.

But the biggest thing is a Hilux can tow a fully loaded jeep out of the mud with it as the weight difference is negated somewhat by the energy in the rope, you do need good tow points tho! Worth it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts