Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 438 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see polyperformance has a weld on 4-link rear "weld-on" kit and a front 3-link kit, for Jeep TJ's... Has anyone used this system and is it designed properly ? Im still new to all these 4-link formulas like anti squat etc. If I buy this system is it going to be the ideal set up or am i better off building my own brackets etc. The kit looks like it would save me some major build time and take out some of the guess work. Also are the 2" .250 wall DOM lower links strong enough ? Id probably go with the heat treated 4130 option anyways. And probably "all adjustable links" Any pics or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I think the upper mounts have 3 or 4 slots to adjust anti-squat. I was looking at them the other day. I wouldn't mind some more info as well.

·
Premium Member
4,963 Posts
I purchased it the other day, but I have not istalled it yet. I am in the mock up stage, so I will soon know how it works. Juat waiting on my rear coilovers from Shaffers to finish the rear and I will move to the front. Here is a pic of what it looks like from the side.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,166 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
I'm using the front and rear brackets from Poly. Made everything real simple. I don't have the rear coilovers mounted yet, but all the links and brackets are finished. We'll see how it all works in a few weeks.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Also for you guys looking for 4-link setups.....check out Gen-right. They got a pretty dope setup that I ordered about 3 1/2 weeks ago........still waiting on delivery though:shaking: It's 3-link front and 4-link rear

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
I didn't order the kit from PP but I used components from them on my rear 4 link. I designed the geometry for it and then used all kinds of mounts from them. The high clearance lower frame mounts are kickass, and all their brackets fit perfect, saving a ton of time. Definitely worth getting imo.

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
Any 4-link gurus have any input ?
Not to blow PP, but I think 2 of them (PIG and GOAT1) had plenty of input when they designed it. They've provided great 4-link advice on this board for the past 5+ years.

Looking at the frame mounts pictured it looks kinda similar to what I built for my TJ and I'm happy with my setup; especially pleased when coming from a RE LA.

·
Premium Member
4,963 Posts
Well I got every thing tacked tonight and then cycled the axle housing. It looks like I will have a lot more articulation then what a 14" coilover can handle! It works great on the test movements, will have to see once the coilovers are in place.

1 - 20 of 438 Posts