Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys

just picked up an 88 sammy, and was looking at the calmini 6.5" bolt on spring over kit. anyone have any information on this kit?

thanks

jason

·
Registered
600 Posts
do you mean the bolt on kit???

I wouldnt use it... my experience with calmini springs is they are stiff as hell but if you are going to dish out that kind of money get a wrangler kit or run your rears in the front and cj fronts in the rear for more flex and a softer ride get your perches from rocky road they are the best I think check out what trailtough has first.......

:flipoff2: my 2 cents worth:flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Yea, save your cash for gears! go with CJ7 front springs in the rear, and move the stock rear Zuki springs up front. buy some GOOD spring perches that have an inch of extra lift and call it good.

take the rest of the cash you saved and buy lower T-case gears, and a set of 31" tire and go have fun :D

Look around, I run the Rock Road perches, they are nice, but look around.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
rocky road has a rear swap kit and it is a good kit just put it on my bro's samurai like 3 weeks ago

·
Premium Member
1,188 Posts
I think that kit sucks, aside from the shocks and brakelines, the rest is worthless to me.

I also think that 6.5" of lift is way more than anyone running stock zuk axles is going to need. I recommend one of the following:

CHEAP = Home brewed YJ spring over, or even use some of TrailToughs brackets if you are that afraid to fab.

NOT SO CHEAP = Spidertrax Quarter-Coil Combo, with the 1/4 elliptic rear and the coil-4-link front.

You can get your new YJ spring perches from A+A for $7.59 each, or home fab em for $5 total.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Springs are probably very stiff if the same as the 5" SPU lift. Take years to soften up.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
CALMINI is :rainbow:

They can kiss my ass! 3 years ago if you called them about a SPOA they told you to go pound sand because they were "unsafe" and they didn't want anything to do with them. And now that SPOA is the only way to run a Zook (next to coils or coil overs) they want a peice of the pie! FAWKING POSERS!

·
Registered
600 Posts
FLEXYSAMMY said:
CALMINI is :rainbow:

They can kiss my ass! 3 years ago if you called them about a SPOA they told you to go pound sand because they were "unsafe" and they didn't want anything to do with them. And now that SPOA is the only way to run a Zook (next to coils or coil overs) they want a peice of the pie! FAWKING POSERS!

Good call I couldn't have said it better with a shotgun

·
Premium Member
35,608 Posts
I welded on a set of the Trail Tough spring perches on the other day for a guy in our club.

I liked the perches because the length, and the pasenger side front was already cut out to fit.

The tube at the pass. front is large on one side of the perch. It took very little time to fit.

I also welded on a set of the Trail tough shock mounts.
They were OK but I have seen others that I like better.

I made my own out of 2-inch square tubing cut in a U shape and mounted them on top of the axle-tube. Doesn't do anything for wrap or twist, but they work and will never be in the way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts