Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good bad or ugly? Worth the cash?

PUMA 12 volt compressor

New never been used 1.5 gal Puma air compressor. Part # is PD-1006 This one is the 12 Volt (check our other auctions for the 115V).

Specs:
125 PSI
oil-Less compressor
Pressure Switch
Compact, lightweight 28 lbs
3.4 cfm @ 40 psi
3 cfm @ 90 psi
This little compressor is very handy. Pump up tires (car, lawn mower, etc, runs a 3/8" air impact. Great around the house compressor for those smaller jobs. You can also take this one with you when something is broke down and work on it on sight. We have run a 1/2" impact but it works it pretty hard.

Specs
Dimentions: 15" High, 14" Long, 5" Deep
100% Duty Cycle
30 amp draw
1750 rpm
60 dec noise level
23 lbs
1 Year warranty

·
Registered
853 Posts
I've seen it in action and it was competing against a 550 viair (100% duty cycle) and it was at pretty darn close. Not bad for an electric and for the price.

·
Cranky Moderator
7,366 Posts
Got one today, filled my 37x13.50x15 from 5lb's to 25lb's in 3 minutes flat!! Ran a 1/2" Impact off it in short bursts for grins too!

I highly recomend it for the price, it's a great value if you want to go electric.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
So far so good. I don't have alot of time on mine yet, but I can tell you that it dosent take much longer to air my tires than my Co2 does. So far I am very pleased :)

Attachments

·
I LOOOVE ROCKS!
1,608 Posts
I still love my Puma compressor. I tried airing up my 37's with my buddy's ViAir compressor, and holy cow that thing is SLOW compared to the Puma! Best bang for the buck out there!!!

·
Cranky Moderator
7,366 Posts
ROCKTACO said:
So far so good. I don't have alot of time on mine yet, but I can tell you that it dosent take much longer to air my tires than my Co2 does. So far I am very pleased :)
That's a cool setup, I may separate mine down the road, and posibly get a bigger tank.

I measured the current draw at 41 amps while it was running just off the battery, (engine not running). Should be a bit less with the engine running.

I need to find a good weather proof connector set up. I want to have receptacle to plug it into to on the outside. Might tap into the 12v for the winch.

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks for all the replies, its decided, I want one.

Fortunatly/unfortunatly, the finace now has this on her present list, so it wont cost me anything, but I have to wait till the next present occasion. Its nice being able to put stuff on that list, just sucks waiting for it. She wanted to get me a compressor earlier this year but I ended up with beadlocks instead, glad it worked out so I could find out about this one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts