Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They recommend a $100 Kiwi Bluetooth dongle for the car to interface with but I have heard that the $30 ones on ebay also work. Can anyone recommend a dongle that they know works? In theory any bluetooth one should ...

J. J.

·
Premium Member
12,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not a cable, it's just a dongle you plug into your OBD port and it send all the data to your cell phone wirelessly. Seems like a worthwhile diag tool as oppose to a generic scanner. I always have my cell phone. Don't always have a scanner. Just leave the dongle plugged into the port and read the data whenever ...

J. J.

·
Premium Member
12,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It has a heads up display mode so that you can put your phone on your dash at night facing the windshield and its reflections will display on the windshield! LOL!

J. J.

·
Premium Member
12,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Damn I am going to have to order one of those. Fawkin Pirate makes me spend money again!
Shit, Pirate is the only portion of the economy that is growing right now I think the way people spend, especially for KOH. I think Obama has designated Pirate4x4 as its own economy and we are who he is referring to when he says that the economy is improving. LOL! :)

J. J.

·
Premium Member
12,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Shit, Pirate is the only portion of the economy that is growing right now I think the way people spend, especially for KOH. I think Obama has designated Pirate4x4 as its own economy and we are who he is referring to when he says that the economy is improving. LOL! :)

J. J.
BTW, its the bluetooth dongle that you order on eBay. You then pair it with your phone and use the Torque App that is available on the Android Marketplace. There is a free version and a better pay version that is 2.99 Euro. (Don't know what that is US.)

J. J.

·
Premium Member
2,026 Posts
BTW, its the bluetooth dongle that you order on eBay. You then pair it with your phone and use the Torque App that is available on the Android Marketplace. There is a free version and a better pay version that is 2.99 Euro. (Don't know what that is US.)

J. J.
Around 6 dollars I think but it would be nice to leave a cheap doggle in the truck instead of the diesel scanner which cost 700 dollars.

·
Premium Member
12,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Around 6 dollars I think but it would be nice to leave a cheap doggle in the truck instead of the diesel scanner which cost 700 dollars.
I just checked. The Euro is loosing on the dollar right now. Its only about $3.85.

J. J.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
A guy I work with got one from ebay for about $50... he did some looking into it and he said at least for the Moto Droids the cheaper ones sometimes didn't work for people.

His "dongle" as you call it:laughing: is blue... the response from the phone with the car revving and stuff(HUD in real time) is incredibly fast... not slow as hell like the DRBIII scan tool for Chrysler vehicles.

1 - 20 of 169 Posts