Pirate 4x4 banner

141 - 160 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
anyone know if this will work on a 06 6.0 powerstroke? Seems very cool, thanks for the bump I had never even heard of anything like this until today. But I just got my droid a month ago lol.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
How about some setup help? I've not the very slightest idea what some of this means.

-Boost Adjustment: -14.7, 0, 14.7
-Volumetric Efficiency
-What's a PID?

·
Registered
9,302 Posts
dont you just buy the wireles version adaptor for iphones?
I would have to root my android to use the wireless version

·
Premium Member
12,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
dont you just buy the wireles version adaptor for iphones?
I would have to root my android to use the wireless version
I, nor did anyone else here, have to root Android to use the bluetooth adapter.

J. J.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Here's an application note/schematic for the 327 based interfaces if anyone is a 'tron hobbiest like myself. Cost wise it's pretty tough to justify building one vs the chinese ready builts, but if you like play around or program they're kind of fun and relatively easy to roll your own app. The elm family of ucontrollers all use basic AT commands to talk to the chip..

http://www.elmelectronics.com/AppNotes/AppNote04.pdf
http://elmelectronics.com/obdic.html

I've built a couple of these Elm based OBD tools a while back - although they were 232 cable based. Haven't played around with the BT stuff yet.

·
Registered
9,302 Posts
I just tried a chinese ready built, sent it back as torque says its faulty.
cant recommend them

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
bringing this back from dead....

Any updates on what the preferred Bluetooth interface is nowadays? Direct link maybe?

I was just introduced to 2010s and have a tablet...

·
Premium Member
12,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
I went through two of the cheap eBay dongles. The first one was pretty reliable for a long time then became less and less until it finally quit working altogether. I replaced it with another similar cheap eBay one and it was mostly reliable for just a week or two and then started becoming less and less like the first one until it finally quit completely. It would turn on and power up just never connect. I finally broke down and spent money on this one:

https://www.scantool.net/scan-tools/obdlink-lx.html?gclid=Cj0KEQjwyK-vBRCp4cymxermx-EBEiQATOQgh4gEo7CXF0QZ_HbbL-jsuk4rHLf41Nwoe0R_WvVcA-saAkU58P8HAQ

It has been perfectly flawless, 100% reliable.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Thanks. Good lead.
Have you tried any of the supporting software like the obdwiz? Or are you just sticking to the Torque app?
Edit :
On the gadget it self : do you just leave it plugged in your obd port like they say you can? to me this sounds super convenient. ..

·
Premium Member
12,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
Wow, I wouldn't even have noticed my post count until you mentioned it. You get #10,000! Hard to believe I've been on this site for 14 years now.

I use my dongle in multiple vehicles so I move it around. But I wouldn't hesitate to leave it in if I had only one.

·
Registered
763 Posts
after buying the pro version and the dongle off ebay it come in handys more then a few times and saved the day.

its already paid for itself.

141 - 160 of 169 Posts