Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
I can recomend a ShadeMaker awning from these guys:
http://www.rvworkshop.com/rv-awnings.html

We put a 16 ft. one on a few years ago. It has held up very well & gets used a lot. VERY easy install. When open, you can leave the roll-out supports on the truck, or have them upright so no one cracks their head on 'em:shaking: yea. I did that.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Saw this the other day while looking for a van.. (I ended up getting a G3500 cargo write up coming soon. )

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/rvs/732103522.html

Im cutting/pasting the ad and pics for future reference...

1999 Chev P3500 RV Box Van - $8950 (Durham near Brier Creek)
--------------------------------
91,000 miles
Recently inspected and serviced completely. Tires are great

Too many features to list all of them!
Roof AC (will freeze you out)
Refrigerator and microwave
Propane heater
Bed and flat TV
Table and chairs
Awning
Propane tank installed under chasis - not hooked up
Sink and fresh water tank - not hooked together
Onan 4kw generator with remote start/stop

If you travel a lot, it is a great way to avoid hotel rooms and eating out!

Asking $8950 or best reasonable offer.

Please call xxxxxx or email if you have questions or to make plans to come see it!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Looked around at uhaul's actual for-sale trucks, and the 26 footers (1988-89 vintage)are the same price as the 17 footers (usuallyl about 1994 vintage). Both are 7.3 diesel based around here, around $4000-$5000.

But there are a lot of newer nicer vans, like 98-2000 around $4000-$6000 or so, being depreciated out. But they are flat floor, not low decks like the moving vans.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
ya ya, tell your firiends... I should get paid to post my build threads !!!! (Lance put me on the damn payroll !! Or at least comp me a free membership !!!!) Honestly I'm fortunate that I can afford to 'play' around with this stuff and take losses on just about everything I've touched... But I do learn a ton and go into each additional project with a better view point each time...

Only reason wife was happy with this is becasue it was newer and doesn't need much to be minimly functional... (and the side camping trips will be nice)

Yes I'm gonna keep #3 around for a while... Possibly even put it into service once in a while for fiends if they want to pull it etc..

21 - 25 of 25 Posts