just wondering if anyone has used one of these?/

its like a regular ratcher but if you turn the handle the socket turns

or for that matter any husky tools
they have some cool looking sockets
black, and laser engraved with the sizes on em

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got one of those for Christmas, works pretty well so far, but I haven'tt abused it that much. Kind cool for tight spaces, otherwise I tend to use a normal ratchet.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
halligan said:
I got one of those for Christmas, works pretty well so far, but I haven'tt abused it that much. Kind cool for tight spaces, otherwise I tend to use a normal ratchet.
I have 2 sets of their ratcheting wrenches, have held up better than my snapon units or the craftsmans.....and that rachet has done well

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
I have quite a few Husky tools, including 3 ratchets. I managed to break one ratchet after a few years of use, they exchanged it no questions asked. Good tools for the money. I would use their stuff over Craftsman.

·
Broke Bastard
4,117 Posts
My dad has one with the BlackHawk name written on it. Same Exact thing. Seems to work good. I havent unleashed my torture on it yet.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
blackhawk is now made by proto, which is owned by stanley now. actually, comparing my blackhawk wrenches to old craftsman(round heads, the good ones) they look nearly the same with the spring and all. i'll have to open up the old craftsman to see if its identical internally.

blackhawk/proto/husky are all good brands, with proto being the "industrial" brand, blackhawk being "automotive" and i think husky is considered the homeowner/lower end brand.

·
Registered
364 Posts
i bought the biggest husky socket/ratchet set they had up at HD and i really like it. I'm bad about slipping a piece of pipe over my ratchet and using them as breaker bars, broke lots of craftsmans this way but the huskys havn't given me any problems yet. I did break one of their screwdrivers though, i need to go see if they will replace it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Be careful of HD Husky tools. I bought a breaker bar there 5 years ago with a supposed Sears like guarantee. Sheared the pin, went to HD and surprise, they don't carry breaker bars anymore. Best they could do was give me $20 back AFTER an hourlong ordeal w/ a manager. Went to Sears and bought one to replace it for $25.

·
Broke Bastard
4,117 Posts
johnnygalt said:
Be careful of HD Husky tools. I bought a breaker bar there 5 years ago with a supposed Sears like guarantee. Sheared the pin, went to HD and surprise, they don't carry breaker bars anymore. Best they could do was give me $20 back AFTER an hourlong ordeal w/ a manager. Went to Sears and bought one to replace it for $25.

Call 1-888-HD-Husky. They will ship a replacement to your door. They dont even ask for the broken one back.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Stanree also lables that ratchet under proto, and it cost alot more, only the proto is made in USA, and thats important to alot of people, including me. You will notice alot of husky tools share the shame design as a MAC, but they are produced overseas. Its decent, but I like craftsman because they are made in USA, and like i said, thats important to me.

Jim

·
Banned
7,673 Posts
Husky = not made in USA.

There are no tools that are available, made in USA, in my box, where I chose a foreign made one. If it's not made here, I don't buy it, unless there is no other option.

Y'all can keep your chinese shit, no offense, but I'm not interested in tools unless they're made here.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Tim84K10 said:
Husky = not made in USA.

There are no tools that are available, made in USA, in my box, where I chose a foreign made one. If it's not made here, I don't buy it, unless there is no other option.

Y'all can keep your chinese shit, no offense, but I'm not interested in tools unless they're made here.
Not all asian made stuff is that bad. I ususaly buy SK, but For air tools, IR stuff is damn good, and while my thunder gun is made here, most of htie rother stuff is made in china, but in an IR ownded plant. Husky quality isnt that bad, I avoid them at all costs though because I hate stanree and thier marketing.

Jim

·
Banned
7,673 Posts
Kartracer55 said:
Not all asian made stuff is that bad. I ususaly buy SK, but For air tools, IR stuff is damn good, and while my thunder gun is made here, most of htie rother stuff is made in china, but in an IR ownded plant. Husky quality isnt that bad, I avoid them at all costs though because I hate stanree and thier marketing.

Jim
It doesn't matter. It could be the best tool on the market, and if it's not made in USA, and the inferior product is, I'll have the American tool every time.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Tim84K10 said:
It doesn't matter. It could be the best tool on the market, and if it's not made in USA, and the inferior product is, I'll have the American tool every time.

Soetimes you cant afford the american version of it.

Jim

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
and when you have to make a living using your tools you go for the stuff that will work everytime (reguardless of where it is made). I used to wrench for a living on boats and when your rachet (or whatever) busts on ya it can set you back quite a bit. I have a little of everything in my box, and I have broken several husky rachets, but I have also broken several of jsut about every other brand out there. The Craftsman professional series hold up the best for me. the other thing that pisses me of about Hucsky tools is that even though when you buy them the guys at HD say they will replace them on the spot, I have never had them replace a single one for me. they always have some BS reason for not doing it. They tried to offer me $5 for a 1/2" rachet :rolleyes:

·
Registered
33 Posts
great buy

I have used that wrench for abour 4 months now as a mechanic. I use it all day, 5-6 days a week, no complaints, it has saved a lot of busted nuckles. The ratcheting mech. is still very tight and it hasn't slipped once. For a product from home depot, I am very much impressed. Plus it is great for changing spark plugs in older cushmans. :)

·
Registered
633 Posts
Supergper said:
and when you have to make a living using your tools you go for the stuff that will work everytime (reguardless of where it is made). I used to wrench for a living on boats and when your rachet (or whatever) busts on ya it can set you back quite a bit. I have a little of everything in my box, and I have broken several husky rachets, but I have also broken several of jsut about every other brand out there. The Craftsman professional series hold up the best for me. the other thing that pisses me of about Hucsky tools is that even though when you buy them the guys at HD say they will replace them on the spot, I have never had them replace a single one for me. they always have some BS reason for not doing it. They tried to offer me $5 for a 1/2" rachet :rolleyes:
If you like craftsman pro ratchets, and your into big name tools, check out Matco. the insides are built to the same specs and use interchangeable components.

You posted another reason to hate home depot.

Jim

·
Registered
560 Posts
I have an old Husky 1/2" drive ratchet that was made in the USA it has the finest toothed drive of any 1/2" ratchet that I've ever seen. It started slipping (its over 40 years old). I called Husky and they replaced they justed needed to know the modle #. I'll wait to say what the new one is like till I get it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts