Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most full cages I have seen with full harnesses, dont use a back seat. I want ot keep my seat, but the spreader bar for the harnesses would kind of defeat the purpose...anyone figured out a way around this?

- Jake

·
Registered
751 Posts
Yep, have the kids climb over the tailgate. You may have to adjust your spare and such but that's how I solved my problem.

·
Premium Member
2,414 Posts
I'm planning on being able to use the rear seat if needed. Passengers can just climb in the back. Padding on the spreader bar for sure!

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
I thought about turning the read seat around, facing back-wards. This would reduce my concerns about bashing heads on the bars, but got me thinking about being car sick on the trail and how little fun they would have. Decided to keep the original location, use thick roll bar padding and cage mounted harnesses.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
did any of yall keep your seat sliders and recliners or is it pointless to have these options when you have harnesses and a harness bar?

·
Registered
402 Posts
My seat reclines and slides, and the rear seat is still usable. I'll rephrase that, the rear seat is usable by anyone who can crawl over the shoulder bar. All in all it isn't too bad, but don't expect any fat people to get in the back :D

The harnesses are nice for when you are in a spooky situation, but they present a general PITA otherwise.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Josh 89XJ said:
My seat reclines and slides, and the rear seat is still usable. I'll rephrase that, the rear seat is usable by anyone who can crawl over the shoulder bar. All in all it isn't too bad, but don't expect any fat people to get in the back :D

The harnesses are nice for when you are in a spooky situation, but they present a general PITA otherwise.
Amen on the PITA, a friend mounted his rear bar where it is removable when using back seat, welded brackets and used bushings to mount to stock bar, doesn't run the hard stuff with the kiddies in the back anyway.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i had the same idea to make the bar removable....but then what would you do for a seat belt when the bar is not in? Also, do you guys use your harnesses for everyday seatbelts?

·
Registered
21 Posts
JeeperJake = :rainbow:

Why in the world would you need harnesses?? Do you really think that all that asphault wheelin you do requires a full cage and harnesses?? :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
416 Posts
JeeperJake said:
i had the same idea to make the bar removable....but then what would you do for a seat belt when the bar is not in? Also, do you guys use your harnesses for everyday seatbelts?
Just use the lap belt, I got the harness, and most of the time just use the lap portion, as far as everyday, trail only, my shit is not street legal, and if it was , can't drive over 35mph without losing control. :eek:

·
Registered
11,647 Posts
The kids just climb in between the side bars over the fender. Even I can get back there if I have to. 4 pt harnesses for the front and all the little folks in the back.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
intlscoutman said:
JeeperJake = :rainbow:

Why in the world would you need harnesses?? Do you really think that all that asphault wheelin you do requires a full cage and harnesses?? :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

Listen hardass, just because you have some big scout that you think is SOOOO cool, doesnt mean you can come in here making your little cameo appearance and act like im not a badass on the trail....just because my shit isnt cool yet, doesn mean it wont be....i have big plans my friend:D ...just got my dash "de-rusted" and primed tonight, so its ready to be painted and wired and its good to go...and about my lack of wheeling...you're supposed to help me with that sometime in february, remember??:flipoff2:

anyone else with useful information???

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have a cj5 with full harnesses front and back and just stubbed some tubing off the main hoop behind the front seats right above the rear fender wells, it does not go all the way accross but is sufficient for the shoulder harness, but most of the time the kids go over the back to get in

1 - 14 of 14 Posts