Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've searched and searched and cant find any threads on DD rigs. Can you guys give a description or a pic and specs, trying to figure out the best combo for a DD/ weekend warrior is. Thanks, Scott

·
H M F
4,364 Posts
Mine is, too. Was great onroad before the SAS. Now I get death wobbles, a crap load of sway with the real soft suspension, and too much bump steer. I'm thinking real hard about getting a loan to by a Toyota Tacoma Prerunner with 3.4 V6 and maybe a blower for a DD, and I could tow with it occasionally, too.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
302,NP435,D20,4.56, 36x12.50 TSL radials. Daily driver 10 years and counting. Will be heading to work 0630 sharp! Well more like 0635, but if I get out by 0640 I can open up the 302 on the freeway and still make on time:p Sure glad I don't have a 22R on those mornings! :flipoff2:

·
Registered
726 Posts
buy a Toyota,period.

DD till ya Beed lock it.

You can go Rubicon them,then drive home 70 MPH on the hwy with the A/C kickin,

·
DKA Motorsports
1,750 Posts
ditto

my 4runner is a daily driver, well, until my mom gets her insurance payoff and gets another car, then its back to trail rig status. heh heh. i drive it to all the trails, but i've had to leave it overnight and overweek :eek: before i could find somebody with a trailer to tow my tore up shit home.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Daily driver

Specs are on my site in the sig. I drive it everywhere, including the trails and back. SAS is in the not too distant future, and I am going to toss in a welded rear soon (hopefully this weekend). I like all of my vehicles being daily driver capable.

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
Im4yotas said:
Mine is, too. Was great onroad before the SAS. Now I get death wobbles, a crap load of sway with the real soft suspension, and too much bump steer.
Yeah, they forgot to mention the astonishing drop in ride qualitiy when they push the SAS on you. :D

I felt the same way when I first drove my IFS truck. Everyone on here was like "The IFS rides smooth, but sucks on the trail" then I test-drove an IFS toy and thought it was almost as bad as my old CJ.

...Then I did the SAS and almost crapped my pants when I went over a set of railroad tracks at 40MPH like I used to, and it no longer stuck it's line, and the death wobble kicked in too. :eek:

Man, I wish my rig drove like it did in the IFS days. Except on the trail, of course. But that's why the next purchase will be a tiny little car that gets 40MPG. Then it's sawzall time for the Toy. :D

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Hell guys its not just yotas, I daily drive my Jeep 1000 miles a month sometimes, and then compete with it. hell it actually drives nice up to about 70mph, then the 38.50s start doing a jig. It tracks nice on the freeway and will pass most any car I choose in the short passing lanes on the way up to Tahoe.
Although there isnt a lot of Jeep left on it.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Also a DD,shit it is also my work truck,you can see the little ladder rack :D

i'm leaving a ladder strappedon next time I go to the Hammers.
Oh and i don't get bumpsteer or deathwobble :flipoff2::p

22RE, LC EFI Pro,Marlin Ultimate with the MC08,5:29's,hi-pinion front diff, ARB's f/r,35's MTR's,AP front spring hanger kit,Alcan's front/AOR orbit-eyes/Alcans rear springs,High Angle drivelines,AOR shock mounts f/r,Bilsteins 7100's all around,AP high steer,AP crossmember,shaved axle housings ,etc.etc...

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
Im4yota's- You have some serious problems with your setup with all of the problems you are describing. Mine rides just as good (suprisingly) as the IFS did, zero bumpsteer, zero wobble. This is full width SAS, NO STEERING STABILIZER, hi-steer, f/r lockers, never-been-balanced 37" MTRz, chevy's w/ a buggy and F150's up front.

Oh yeah and a custom flatbed. Daily driven until it rolled 2 weeks ago.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts