Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
want to here from anyone bout your FE motors, from stock to wild.
how many miles you got, combos, stroked anything and everything...................i just love these motors and i know others do too, so tell us bout it.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I gots FE :bounce: :bounce2: :bounce: :bounce2:

It's about to get out of the shop. Rebuilt 410 (thats 390 bore with 428 stroke) . I can't wait to use the skinny peddle with this rig.
'S' code Intake manifold, oiling system smoothed to aligne with the bearings, ARP rod/main/head bolts. Windage tray. Mild cam.

It'll rock!!!!!

Eric

edit: oh well, it was fun while it lasted. ;)

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Heck yes, It's in my '73 F-250 with new D-60 front. It'll get used on snow runs and trail runs with my club.

Not hard core as such but for it a Fullsize I'm jazzed.

Eric

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i am also conplating a rebuild. i am still running my stock 360.
it had lots of snap when i first got the truck bout 5 yrs ago, but when i went to 35's it lost that "snap"but got lot better milage.
it is 75 F100 four speed dana 21 case and 3.50 gears. it is a great highway truck but lacks on the bottom. the odomitor currently reads 81,000 don't know which time around that is
but still runs out pritty good. have been thinking bout replacing the crank and pistons with 390 units, but the dam thing keeps going.

·
Registered
701 Posts
redoin a 76 F100 has a 360 np435 married 205 and im wanting to add a 60 front and rear with 35's it will be my tow rig slash back up play truck.
the first 360 went 280'000 miles before it started smoking it now has a rebuilt 360 and i cant wait :D

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
75F100 said:
but when i went to 35's it lost that "snap"but got lot better milage.
it is 75 F100 four speed dana 21 case and 3.50 gears.
This is your culprit. 35" tires and 3.50 gears do not go together.
And that D21 isn't helping off road either, no low-range.

Get yourself some 4.11 and that 360 will do much better without doing a rebuild. At least give the engine a compression and leak-down test to see what condition it is in.

Eric

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i know, been thinking 4.10 for a while. love that hyway cruise though. am in the process of adding 12" of lift and 42's though.
i already have the lift and 8 lug conversion, just have to do it.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
well, If your going 42's then rethink that 4.10 too. More like 4.88 or 5.13's.

;)

Eric

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.