Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, pops wants to add to his fleet of toys. Bought an FZJ 80 6 months ago with the dual lockers and isn't satisfied with the bling factor of it, so he wants a 100(he's keeping the 80, so no, you can't have it:flipoff2: ). He found one in the paper with 76,xxx miles on it for 19k I believe. Owner says garage kept, very clean, yadda yadda yadda. What should he look/listen/feel for when going to check it out. Also what options are desirable. I did a search and it looks like these were available with the rear locker option which upgraded the rear-end to discs and FF stature. Anything else?? Thanks

Ary

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Yep rear locker was an option. 2000 went to traction controll, no locker.

rear AC, power rear windows, and 3rd row seats were options, I think for the most part they came in a package. Supposely cloth was an option.....but I doubt youll come across one.

Problems, I have been asking the same thing. Short version is they are great rigs. Trany was mentioned as one of the only problems(not sure if it's just Lexus or Toyota)

take a look at this
http://forum.ih8mud.com/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=8019

price for the 98 sound pretty good.

John H

·
Registered
900 Posts
bring that sucker up here and let's do some wheeling in the National Forest...just come right up I-81

bk
harrisonburg, va

·
Premium Member
5,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bkfj40 said:
bring that sucker up here and let's do some wheeling in the National Forest...just come right up I-81

bk
harrisonburg, va
You go to JMU by any chance?? My XJ is fairly built for the trails in GWNF, at least all the ones I've run. Do you know a kid named Daniel Armentrout, drives a green 2-door XJ on 34 LTBs or 32 BFG MTs depending on his preferance :p

landpimp, thanks for that link to the other board, VERY helpful :)

Ary

1 - 4 of 4 Posts