Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Whatever you do, don't put a non-black CPS in a 7.3/6 speed, esp. if it's the 275hp version.

You will get a SES light, and the idiots will recommend you replace an injector.... That is not bad; the stupid recall replacement CPS is the problem.

·
Registered
6,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Guy had to work today. Will go look at it tomorrow. i have a few pics, it looks like its well cared for though. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
love mine 02. Had the syncros go out in the trans at 180k but other then that its been good. I just drove to washington twice this month 1000 miles one way towing both times and only had a axle seal go out.

·
Registered
6,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
I love my 99 gasser 5speed
Totally different animal.. but the same body.

Well the guy flaked out, Couldnt meet today, talked to him on the phone and there are appearantly many issues with this truck that he did not tell me about. made the mistake of looking at a crew cab and the wife really likes it. Hell I do too. But I have been looking for quite some time adn cant find one for the money i want to spend without going well over the $10k I want to spend. Considering a 5.4 gasser. My trailer is right at 7k when its at its max. Not sure I can justify the extra expense of the diesel. hell I barley drive 3k a year in my truck. It usually sets out back under the shade tree by the shop and collects dust. I think I will go look at one tomorrow and go from there.

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
My friend bought a brand new 5.4 and it's a pig. Shit I get in my pops 6.0 2500hd and it's slow.. The 6.8 pulls hard!

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
I have driven a few empty f350 crews with the 5.4, and I would NOT want to try it with a 7k trailer behind it. My buddy has an f250 4x4 with a 5.4 and he hauled a small empty goose horse trailer to Wyoming and back and reported it was slow on hills and never exceeded 8 mpg. If it's gonna get shit fuel mileage, it better have a shitload of power, otherwise it isn't worth it.
Travis..

·
Registered
6,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
What kind of mileage can I expect out of a 7.3 crew cab with an auto. I found a great deal on a 95 cc LWB 4x4 , only downfall is its an auto.

·
Registered
6,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
What kind of mileage can I expect out of a 7.3 crew cab with an auto. I found a great deal on a 95 cc LWB 4x4 , only downfall is its an auto.
Went tp look st the truck, 389k miles, kid owned and abused. Welded up frame and leaking everything .Interior was completely destroyed. Had to pass on it.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts