Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a set of "get me by" tires this morning and giving them a close inspection when I got home two of them have F#$%$% beads. Anyone ever have any luck with a repair?

·
Registered
14,845 Posts
any pics? ive had some tore to hell beads on some my trucks and just bead sealed the hell out of the area and it held up

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rubber was torn off in several spots on two of the tires. I called the boy back that I got 'em from and convinced him to give me my money back. It sucks for him because out of the set only two are worth a crap.

·
Registered
212 Posts
you have a Service Tire Truck Center or a Place that retreads tired???? They can fix the bead and put real rubber in it it will be good as new. I worked in a retread shop for 2 year doing retreads and tire repairs. It would be about 10-20 bucks to fix a bead dependin were you go and the extent of the damage

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
Bumping this back up. Anyone have any good tricks for fixing a torn bead. I have about a 1/2" tear in the bead mounting area. The person that usually vulcanizes my tire said they couldnt fix it. I figured it was probably for the liability of it more than anything.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.