Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a set of "get me by" tires this morning and giving them a close inspection when I got home two of them have F#$%$% beads. Anyone ever have any luck with a repair?

·
Registered
14,847 Posts
any pics? ive had some tore to hell beads on some my trucks and just bead sealed the hell out of the area and it held up

·
What did you expect?
12,764 Posts
As long as the rubber only is torn up, should be do-able.
if the cords are torn, or the steel bead wires are exposed,
better to forget it...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rubber was torn off in several spots on two of the tires. I called the boy back that I got 'em from and convinced him to give me my money back. It sucks for him because out of the set only two are worth a crap.

·
What did you expect?
12,764 Posts
I would try the black rtv, if it's just the rubber missing.
offer the guy 50%, just for grins.

·
Registered
212 Posts
you have a Service Tire Truck Center or a Place that retreads tired???? They can fix the bead and put real rubber in it it will be good as new. I worked in a retread shop for 2 year doing retreads and tire repairs. It would be about 10-20 bucks to fix a bead dependin were you go and the extent of the damage

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
Bumping this back up. Anyone have any good tricks for fixing a torn bead. I have about a 1/2" tear in the bead mounting area. The person that usually vulcanizes my tire said they couldnt fix it. I figured it was probably for the liability of it more than anything.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I have had luck using some windshield urethane to patch up some beads before. Clean up area with some acetone or either put urethane on let dry mount tire with bead sealer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts