Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it seems non cruiser related, but it's going under my 40 so there :flipoff2: $1000, $800, $1500 I really have no idea & want to make the swap to 1 ton but don't want my dumbass getting hosed to do it.

Just would like a few quick answers as to what a fair price would be for stock 1 ton axles, as I would have to drive a substantial distance (like 4 hours one way) to get them.

front is dana 60 from believe 91 chevy , never been under wheeled vehicle, totally stock, 456 gears.

rear is 14 bolt from like 79 suburban, has disk kit, stock otherwise, 456 gears with it but not in.

also would the 14 bolt work for me once I cut down the front?

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Chevy Dana 60 fronts typically go for $1,000 to $1,200. 14 bolts are available in most junk yards for $100. If you get the cab and chassis (C&C) version of the 14 bolt the WMS to WMS is 63" - If you can't find a C&C version you can get a regular housing that has a 69" WMS to WMS - you can swap the hubs from a C&C onto a regular 14 bolt later and get the narrower WMS to WMS. I guess what I am saying is that the housings are the same but the hubs are different! Make sense? Cheers, Andy

·
Premium Member
3,587 Posts
like krust said $1000 +or- ffor the 60, i paid $139 at pick n pull minus giant drim brakes for the 14bolt.

the cost to build is up to you.......

i did all this stuff last winter, check my sigline.
have fun!

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
I'd find what you're looking for used, unless you're looking to build slowly. It'll save you money and time in the long roun. I'm glad I went that route.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been looking for used & not having much luck. I figured I would just build the stock units so I would know what goes into & how to fix the broken parts. Figured I'd run the stock units & gather parts slowly. Better than the stock 40 axles I have been running forever.
Rockthedog- I checked out yours & a few others, good info. Now that I have price maybe I'll find something close to me. :shaking:

Thanks for the quick info, this forum always kicks a$$ like that.

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
if you are cutting the 60 get a dually 14 rear. 91 auto hubs you will need to replace, it became a lot mroe expensive than I thought. I have to admit it looks sweet though can't wait to wheel it. someday. I purchased a complete 84 k30 with no cab for $300 you may want to look for a whole truck. pull what you need toss the rest.

·
Premium Member
2,885 Posts
I just bought a used set here off pirate. srw dana 60, 5:13's, lock-rite, all new bearings, kingpins, ect, drive flanges, new rotors, calipers, poison spyder high steer. still has marking compound on gears $1500. I bought the matching 14 bolt rear with 5:13's, welded carrier, new bearings, disk brake brackets, rotors, calipers, again marking compound still on gears for $500. Now I think this was a really good deal. they came out of a running rig that was being parted out. If you keep looking you might find a deal like I did.

Good luck with your search. I priced out what it would cost to build one and decided to find a used set that had close to what I was looking for.

Rob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts