do I put anything on the threads?
anti sieze?
oil
greese?
locktight?

torque to 35lbs stock delta ring/nut?
The MidwayUSA video recommended grease.

I used Mobil1 Synthetic (birf grease!).

You do want some lube to prevent galling while torquing, and long term corrosion, especially since you're putting a steel nut on a threaded aluminum upper. Anti-seize would be a good option, too. Oil would be a distant 2nd choice.

I wouldn't locktight it. Shouldn't rattle loose. If anything, use blue, not red!

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The MidwayUSA video recommended grease.

I used Mobil1 Synthetic (birf grease!).

You do want some lube to prevent galling while torquing, and long term corrosion, especially since you're putting a steel nut on a threaded aluminum upper. Anti-seize would be a good option, too. Oil would be a distant 2nd choice.

I wouldn't locktight it. Shouldn't rattle loose. If anything, use blue, not red!
thx!
bought a few kits
I have all the tools just never used them yet.
Just bought the brownells sight block thsat orange plastic thing, they are always on back order, this one was only back ordered 1 day, kits show up with sights installed,, LOL
I do have another kit with new barrel, pretty sure I need to mill the thing for the tapper pins
I'll have to set up my mill pretty soon:)

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
I put anti-sieze on the threads of mine, as well as a thin, thin film of it where the barrel nut interfaces with the upper receiver. It may not be über-tactical ARFCOM-approved, but it works fine.

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I put anti-sieze on the threads of mine, as well as a thin, thin film of it where the barrel nut interfaces with the upper receiver. It may not be über-tactical ARFCOM-approved, but it works fine.
:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

·
Registered
15,273 Posts
Grouchy Irritable Sea Bass !!!

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
assemby lube or grease and about "ugg" tight, not "grrrrmmmm" tight as that is too much :D

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
may I should ask the new AR expert on Sons of Guns
NumbNuts:D

since the owner lost his FFL for losing 5 NFA firearms....& Vince is the FFL of that shop right now & seems like he is getting allot of crap from the bpss, & Google says he left, who's FFL will they use?, LOL

·
Registered
8,807 Posts
Are you sure that idiot even has his drivers license, let alone his fflicense... Can't wait to see what the "problem" with the nuculer security gun is...

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Are you sure that idiot even has his drivers license, let alone his fflicense... Can't wait to see what the "problem" with the nuculer security gun is...
FFL guy is the super tattoo guy that wants fried,LOL
Tard on Left,LOL

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
What do you do to align the nut with the gas tube hole in the upper if "ugg" is right on a peak? Do you go for "less than ugg" one notch back or "grrmmm" one notch tighter??
Torque to 30 ft lbs to start and then verify alignment. If you need to rotate further set your wrench to 40 ft lbs and slowly rotate to where it lines up. End torque should be between 30-40ft lbs.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Surgical Shotgunner
15,752 Posts
i use a light coat of regular ol' Valvoline grease in the cardboard tube, that would get inserted into a grease gun. works for me.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts