Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so where is the best place to grab them up? i am going to get the .50 beuwulf from alexander arms to bust pigs with but i would like a .223 to plink with. a bud was building a 7.62x39 because the ammo is about 1/2 as much as the .223. anyone have a "ark"? how does it feed? is it accurate? i have looked at stag, alexander, rock river, dpms and a few others. stag looks to have some nice stuf. who have ya'll delt with?

·
Registered
773 Posts
so where is the best place to grab them up? i am going to get the .50 beuwulf from alexander arms to bust pigs with but i would like a .223 to plink with. a bud was building a 7.62x39 because the ammo is about 1/2 as much as the .223. anyone have a "ark"? how does it feed? is it accurate? i have looked at stag, alexander, rock river, dpms and a few others. stag looks to have some nice stuf. who have ya'll delt with?
There is really only one place to buy from (http://www.evil-black-rifles.com/) Talk to Pete, he is the man. His username on here is aloharover

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
You can't go wrong with J&T distributing or Model 1 sales. I have bought a few from J&T and I prefer them because they use better components, especially the lower part kits. Model 1 is ok but their parts kits are crap.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
another vote for Pete great customer service and answer every little question you could have
Of course Pete's a great guy and we all like doing business with him. I don't think (correct me if I'm wrong) he offers complete AR uppers or AR "kits" like the bigger companies do though. I know he can build anything you want to order, but it's hard to beat the ~$500 prices for complete "kits" minus the lower. Of course Pete's the guy to get the lower from. :D

·
Registered
11,871 Posts
Of course Pete's a great guy and we all like doing business with him. I don't think (correct me if I'm wrong) he offers complete AR uppers or AR "kits" like the bigger companies do though. I know he can build anything you want to order, but it's hard to beat the ~$500 prices for complete "kits" minus the lower. Of course Pete's the guy to get the lower from. :D
Pete will do complete uppers.

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
There is really only one place to buy from (http://www.evil-black-rifles.com/) Talk to Pete, he is the man. His username on here is aloharover
x2, go to pete he'll treat you right
another vote for Pete great customer service and answer every little question you could have
I got my lower from Pete super quick and built exactly like I wanted it, when it came time to get my upper I sent him a pm and ordered it on 4/30/08, still haven't seen a thing. I was hoping to be able to take my rifle with me on a trip, but I guess 2 months isn't enough lead time to get an upper.

·
Registered
11,871 Posts
I got my lower from Pete super quick and built exactly like I wanted it, when it came time to get my upper I sent him a pm and ordered it on 4/30/08, still haven't seen a thing. I was hoping to be able to take my rifle with me on a trip, but I guess 2 months isn't enough lead time to get an upper.
Have you called him? 719-229-9381 And what upper was it? Some uppers have been backordered if it's something specific. Most generic uppers are still available AFAIK. He's been out of town since the end of May too.

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Have you called him? 719-229-9381 And what upper was it? Some uppers have been backordered if it's something specific. Most generic uppers are still available AFAIK. He's been out of town since the end of May too.
Nope, sent several pm's. First the forearm was in stock, but no upper, then upper was in stock and no forearm.

I knew he was out of town for the month of June, but like I said, I ordered in April.

I'll call today.

·
I build stuff
24,247 Posts
All depends on what exactly someone wants.

RRA, POF, DPMS can take a couple months.
Some CMMGs take a couple months.
Olympic, Stag, J&T are a couple weeks.

I currently have M4's, 14.5" LW midlengths, 16" LWs, 16" midlengths, and 18" midlengths on hand.

16" midlengths have been a real Mothfookle for a while now. But they have been working hard to correct that.
The 16" lw midlength barrels were way behind schedule. CMMG finally has some on hand I have ordered a number of complete uppers and they should be here in a week.

The 16" MLs regular profiles were on a multi month back order. I finally got in some yesterday. Same goes with the ML free float. YHM has been out for awhile. But I found a retailer that had a couple and bought those.

When it comes to ARs I can do single small parts all the way to complete rifles, and everything in between.
I sell J&T kits and uppers for about 50$ less then you see listed on their sight. I 'make' complete -receiver kits for all manufacturers.

The easiest thing to do is find what you want, tell me the manu and part and I can get you a price and time.

DelTon, MA, M1 don't do dealers so buy direct.

Pete

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
I've ordered a few things from Pete, pistol, sights, scope and mounts, and I'm sure he cringes every time he gets a PM from me at this point, but he is still great to deal with. Straight up, honest, good prices, and keeps you in the loop with backorders etc. Hell, how many dealers do you know that will give you their cell number and take an order at 9PM?

Support a local sometimes is over rated, in this case however it is not. He's my goto guy for gun stuff even if I am a pain in his ass sometimes.:flipoff2:

·
Registered
11,871 Posts
I've ordered a few things from Pete, pistol, sights, scope and mounts, and I'm sure he cringes every time he gets a PM from me at this point, but he is still great to deal with. Straight up, honest, good prices, and keeps you in the loop with backorders etc. Hell, how many dealers do you know that will give you their cell number and take an order at 9PM?

Support a local sometimes is over rated, in this case however it is not. He's my goto guy for gun stuff even if I am a pain in his ass sometimes.:flipoff2:
x2. :laughing::laughing:

·
Registered
12,465 Posts
I have a DPMS 7.62 upper and it is a piece of shit. Have a couple other DPMS uppers and they are great. Everyone I have talked to, dpms or not, says they have problems getting their 7.62 AR to run reliably.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts