Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
buying an arb for my toy today...i already have a quick air 2 compressor...should i buy the arb compressor? does it inflate tires or is it lame? what would you recomend? thanks

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
is there anyway to make the quickair run the arb? that isnt to dificult or gay. or just easier to buy the arb compressor?

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
I have a QA II tied into a small fire extinguisher bottle for my ARB. Used an Oasis 80-105 psi switch to turn it on and off. Works for me.

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
61,972 Posts
Your ARB locker will come with the necessary solenoid to send the proper pair pressure to the locker. If you already have the QAII, by all means save your money and use that...

I would suggest hard wiring it to the vehicle (if not already), setting up a T form the compressor with one side going to the locker solenoid, the other for use as you have been using it before now (tools, tires, etc.)

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
does the lockerr equire a constant pressure to work doesnt it...will i have to turn on and off the compresser everytime i want to turn on the locker? i would like to just flip a switch and -lock- not have to pump it up-

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
61,972 Posts
strmin said:
does the lockerr equire a constant pressure to work doesnt it...will i have to turn on and off the compresser everytime i want to turn on the locker? i would like to just flip a switch and -lock- not have to pump it up-
Yes, the ARB needs constant pressure.
You need a pressure sensor wired in there to turn the compressor on at a certain psi, and off at another psi. That way you flip a switch to get 12v to the switch, which then turns the compressor on and off as needed.

As larger tank (well, larger than the ARB one) helps by having some volume on hand to reduce the cycling of the compressor when using the ARB off/on often on the trail.

·
Registered
72 Posts
To run lockers you will need a small air tank and a pressure switch and relay setup.
See the little round cylender on top of the ARB pump thats a little air tank. Thats all you need but can go bigger of course ie a fire extinguiser, truck air tank, etc.
Then you just need a pressure switch that will cut off the compressor at 100psi (these are available from ARB).

As long as you dont have any leaks the lockers will only need a little burst of air from the tank.
Of couse the bigger the tank you run the longer it will take to fill with the compressor but itll also take longer to empty with lots of on-off locker uses.

Hope that kinda made sense.
Paul.

Damn DRM was typing the same stuff at the same time as me :)

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
im not really into mounting a fire extinguisher as a resivor tank in my truck....ialso have a compressor for the rancho 9000's guess ill just get the arb compressor! damm another compressor and another$189

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.