Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm at the point in my CJ5 build where it's time to mount the ARB compressor. I found a couple spots on the passenger side inner fender, one is rather low on it. I'm considering welding an 1/8" plate of steel to the bottom of the battery tray and bracing it also on the inner fender. That way I can mount the compressor horizontal and level.

What solutions has everyone come up with? Post up those pics....And any recommendations.

·
Registered
983 Posts
What engine you got? If you got a I6 then you'll have alot more room than a 350 under there.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm mounting my compressor behind the drivers seat screwed to the front of the wheel tub.
Of course I'm using my compressor to fill an air tank under the floor so this is a logical choice, if you're using it only to feed a front ARB then you'll probably want to mount it underhood.

Underneath the battery tray was my original intention.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. On my 76 CJ5 there isn't any room under the battery tray due to the way the heater hoses are routed. I considered inside the tub, but ARB suggests keeping the compressor as close to the battery as possible (within 6'). And I don't really want to hear the compressor bangin' away inside the vehicle.

I can mount it on the inner fender, where I believe, the original placement of the jack was.

But that area looks like it might vibrate quite a bit when the compressor cycles. Although, it seems fairly rigid.

Another option might be a dual style battery tray, and mount it in place of a second battery. I wonder if anyone has done it that way?

I'd really like to see some pics of where people mounted their's.

·
Registered
49 Posts
nothing fancy to look at, but I modified the factory Jack bracket to accept my 12v compressor. Clears the hood just fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts