Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im about to buy a new compressor for my ARB and really dont need OBA as of yet because of friends and unusually close proximity to air. Just wondering if anyone has used/installed one of ARBs mini compressors. Im looking to use the extra $100 I save on some homemade rockers.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the input....came real close to buying an axle assembly from you guys a couple of years back....heard nothing but good things. Ended up getting one used, cheap, at the last minute.

·
Registered
475 Posts
They work fine - just don't plan on using it to air up your tires. :D

When you finally decide to go OBA - you can sell the compressor and keep the wiring, solenoids, switches and stuff for your OBA.

·
Registered
475 Posts
They work fine - just don't plan on using it to air up your tires. :D

When you finally decide to go OBA - you can sell the compressor and keep the wiring, solenoids, switches and stuff for your OBA.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
They work great and pretty quiet too. I got mine for $155 shipped to my door. Like the others have said, I don't think it would be good for airing up on the trail head.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
I installed the Puma air compressor and plumed it into my ARB locker compressor. The compressor pumps up to 130 PSI (3 cfm at 90 psi) on its 1.5 gallon tank and with the regulator (on the tank) set at 100 PSI the tank still has about 100 PSI after approximately 20 cycles of both lockers. The compressor airs up my 35" BFG's from 12 PSI to 27 PSI in about 2.20 min. I’ve left the ARB compressor turned on when airing up the tires and with the combined air input to the tank it takes 1 min. 30 sec. A great place to mount it is on the right-hand rear inner fender. $189.00 delivered to your door…
http://www.buzzardgulch.com/

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I understand about not being able to air up on the trail hence the talk about friends with OBA and unusual proximity of air station to the trail head in my first post.

Knucklehead thanks for the input. Sounds like a great addition once I get the cash to go full OBA. Will the fact that Im purchasing the mini compressor rule out adapting other compressors to suppliment the load? I know you said you used the puma and the full sized ARB compressor combined I just didnt think that the mini could even be used for any other purpose other than engaging the locker. I didnt think it had any other attachment capabilities like the tire inflation hose. But like I said before Im really not familiar with it or the puma compressor.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sw99 said:
They work great and pretty quiet too. I got mine for $155 shipped to my door. Like the others have said, I don't think it would be good for airing up on the trail head.
any chance on PMing me (If thats possible on this forum) the address of the dealer:D :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Knuckelhead said:
ARB makes an air-up (tire) kit for their compressors, all you have to do is T it into the ARB tank...
I knew I could order one for the full size compressor didnt know the mini could be fitted, but as said above, I wouldnt use the mini for air ups

1 - 12 of 12 Posts