Pirate 4x4 banner

next upgrade...arb front or 4.70 gearset for my duel case?

• arb front

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • 4.70 gear set

Votes: 14 50.0%

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got duel cases and trutrak in front...detroit rear...next upgrade....

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
this is a close one...dont everyone vote all at once...thanks for your opinions:flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Weld or Spool the rear... Slap the Detroit in front and buy the 4.7's... You'll even have $ left over from not going the ARB route... And then you can sell the Tru-Trac and make some $ back...

·
Premium Member
5,991 Posts
Given the choices, I'd go with the ARB;)

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
I vote for 3) I hope we don't start seeing a "POLL: Should I buy A) or B) " every day from now on. :flipoff2:

They're annoying.

But I vote for the CrashinAz's suggestion, and then an ARB if you're a little sissy girl who's afraid of a spool on the road. :)

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
They don't seem very comparable.
They each have a totally different effect on your truck.

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
strmin said:

at 223:1 with the brakes smashed to spool up the truetrac, everything is gonna break:flipoff2: dont put the detroit in front if you have longs:nuke:get the arb. you can gear that fawker to the moon but if you dont have traction your just sitting there spinning (real slow):D

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
good thoughts jigga.... arb it is...anyone wana kick down with theirs...ill give ya a truetrak strait across.:flipoff2:

·
Registered
994 Posts
This is getting old:zzz: :zzz: :zzz: This is the type of questions you get when people do too much web wheeling, and not enof real wheeling.... Make up you own mind:flipoff2:

I go with CrashinAz's vote also..... what good is a ARB if all you do is smoke your clutch all day:p

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
Don't waste your money on a Trutrac in front (like I did)... in rock crawling you may as well be open as have a Trutrac. Get the gears first if that is all you can afford.

·
Registered
51 Posts
turtletruck is right , limited slips are good on the hiway, lockers offroad are only way to go, i belive the simple way is the best way, i run detroits front and rear, with longfields in front axles,

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
What good is low gears if you can't get traction to the ground?

Add the ARB to the front and get locked up. The dual cases you have now are low enough for 95% of anything you would do... the front locker is FAR more important!

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
strmin said:
Yes... missed the 'dual cases' part of the first post... if you can only afford a locker or 4:70 gears, go for the locker (I prefer a Detroit for simplicity and reliability, IMHO).

HOWEVER; my previous statement stands... the TruTrac is worthless on rocks! It will let you down just when you need it the most!:shaking: and don't tell me about using the brake to get the beastie to engage, that doesn't work too well and is a pain to do...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts