Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shrock said:
Only one I know of.

Maybe it's just me, but I cant see spending $700 for a locker for Sammi axles....unles you are happy with 31's I guess.
A buddy of mine who runs 31" boggers found a used one for $300 (Canadian) but no stamp on it or nothin sayin for sure it's an ARB, this is why im askin.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
ARB's the only one who's ever made air pressure activated locker's for anything, until teh jeep rubicon came out...

several european companies have used vaccum, but not air pressure...

·
Registered
7,957 Posts
DSI said:
ARB's the only one who's ever made air pressure activated locker's for anything, until teh jeep rubicon came out...

several european companies have used vaccum, but not air pressure...
Actually dave, ron from team purple has been modifying some sort of locker for the portals that use an air actuator.. but thats the only other one if heard of.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, so pretty safe to say it's an ARB, thanx guys. Now would there be something wrong with it to be going for so cheap ? What could be wrong with it ?

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
RudeZuk said:

Actually dave, ron from team purple has been modifying some sort of locker for the portals that use an air actuator.. but thats the only other one if heard of.
that follows in the euro company and the options for volvo's are "vaccum" meaning suction, not forced air...

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Titanium said:
OK, so pretty safe to say it's an ARB, thanx guys. Now would there be something wrong with it to be going for so cheap ? What could be wrong with it ?
Bad seals. Missing the bulkhead fittings. Missing the air bearing. Pinion came loose, chewed the carrier (cosmetic). Maybe the cross pin is broken.

Seals aren't too bad - does mean a total tear down.

Bulkhead fittings - not too bad, other than they are BSP..

Air bearing - well, get it and see.

Chewed up carrier - cosmetic.

Cross pin? just order a new one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts