Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 82 that i'm planning to replace the engine in. i got a line on a 22r from an ifs truck (not exactly sure of year) is the complete motor a direct swap? are there any wiring differences, and do any 22r engines have any type of computer at all to be concerened with?

·
Registered
864 Posts
The only real difference is that there was a short block 22r and a tall block 22r i believe it was 1985 when the tall block was introduced. Not for sure but if you have the whole engine complete then it should be a direct swap with your old engine. You just can't use the timing cover off your old one. No computers on the 22r as far as i know. Just the 22re and turbo'd engines.

·
Registered
777 Posts
also, im not for sure on the year ( 80 or 82 ) some of the 22r motors had a main bearing different..i think it was for an oilway or something,but it is on the opposite side in that motor...but since you'll have the whole motor it will be a direct bolt in as fireman said

·
Registered
537 Posts
81-84 are tall blocks, as is your 82, 85-95 are low blocks. The 86 ifs has a low block engine which will pop into your 82 with no problems at all. The only item that might need alterations would be the p/s brackets mounting holes if the lower strut support did not align. Other than that, you are good to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.