Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm buying a front axle next week, and was wondering a few things about the hysteer. The guy is selling a Marlin hy-steer with the axle, I was wondering how well the marlin compares to other designs or are they all pretty much the same??? On another note, I've seen a lot of people using the 63in. chevy's for the rear, what about 57in. chevy's? I did a quick search but mostly found info on the 63in. setup. I'm planning to have about 5 inches of lift when I'm done with the swap.

-Ian

·
Registered
34,264 Posts
I think Marlins old high steer is the AllPro stuff, and his new High Steer is the Sky stuff, so He dosen't make them, just resells, either way both arms are great, I prefer arms with 1 ton chevy TRE myself, but that's me, if you are getting a good price for it used, get it, wheel it, be happy:) Good Luck with the rig;)

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea, the axle is an 85, needs to be re assembled which is good since i was gonna throw in longfields or marfields, whichever would work better for a dd (if it really matters), then prolly put in an arb and some 4.88's. But so far the guy thats sellin the parts to me is sellin the whole axle(in pieces), and the marlin hy-steer with the fj80 rod ends for a whole 300 bux. Not too bad since everything is in pretty good shape. So I think it should be a decent start for a semi low budget sas. Thanks for the info in the springs too, just adds more to consider.

-Ian

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
ianbike said:
Yea, the axle is an 85, needs to be re assembled which is good since i was gonna throw in longfields or marfields, whichever would work better for a dd (if it really matters), -Ian
the longfields work better for daily drivers cause they wont break and make you fix them before you daily drive the next day, allowing you to keep driving your daily driver on a daily basis

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.