Pirate 4x4 banner

41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
My dad is a ..gulp...engineer for cummins engine company, he is now involved with the fuel systems for the cummins diesels, mosty for semi's and big machines but also for the smaller trucks and I after talking to him the idea of not buying a first year motor is a great one..let the engineers get all the complaints from the guys who use and abuse these things a few years then buy one...

I have abused my 94 ranger HARD for 5 years and a new water pump is all I have had to replace

knock on wood

i see my future...5.0 yeah

·
Registered
891 Posts
ONE MORE THING

you are off on your numbers with cummins being in a load of trouble with new EPA laws, the reason they have had their struggles is due to the fact they are already compliant in many areas, I have not heard any of the most recent reports but at last check they were about the only ones that were...

Cummins has lost jobs to mexico just like chevy and about every other compny in the U.S and rumors have circulated about their future but in my view they will be very strong in the next 3 to 5 years

·
Registered
1,279 Posts

Camo's grill, if your gonna sell glitter gotta be a pimp.

All trucks have their issues, just decide what isssues you want to deal with.

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
ill just let these pics speak for themselves........
the rod on the far left is a 6.2 chevy. the middle is a P-stroke, and the left is a cummins 5.9L

Attachments

·
Registered
54,555 Posts
not a truck but a ford focus (car) think we have done 11 recalls in just shy of 2 years mostly little stuff but the car is in the shop for 2-3 hours i won't buy another ford cause the service i get from the dealer to the corporate office sucks

·
Registered
57 Posts
SR5Dave said:

Welllllll..... Ford does NOT own cummins or any part of it.. that was pretty off. Ford on the other hand, FUCKING OWNZ Dodge, in the sense that they're just wayyyyyy better.

Uh okay :rolleyes:

They sell more trucks, because they're better, so there.

Why dont they sell an inline 6 for the 250/350?

Because they suck to drive around day by day, thats why. Most people who get a 250/350 arent doing HARDCORE towing, they drive it around day to day, and use it to move stuff once in a while, and the Powerstroke does that just fine.

Yea better fuel economy, that would suck, better towing yea that sucks too, yea better room and still fits in your garage, yea that REALLY sucks. Being able to pull a heavy ass load and not have to buy a semi, yea I can see how that sucks. Better turning radius, bingo that sucks a chub too. Better warranty, yea that too sucks. Better frame that ford now copied. Oh ya, that sucks. Longer time for overhaul, by 100,000 miles. Yea that too sucks

Once you move up to the 450/550, you can get the inline 6 from catepillar... Im 99% sure you can get the cummins too, despite your quote.

If you're going to quote me, quote me right. I said why isn't the straight six in the 250/350. Why? Because They don't have the rights to it. Because FORD DOESN'T OWN CUMMINS, don't beleive me, go to Cummins website and go to their FAQ then have the balls to come here and say you were wrong.

The Catepillar makes a TON more power than any other of the listed engines here, and Im pretty sure it uses an old school ally tranny too, so there.

Why do they redesign? To sell more trucks... Duh. People want new looking trucks, and better trucks, with newer technology. Changes in technology means the ability to make something better, so they do. I guess Dodge is so perfect they dont use new technology huh? I guess that makes sense now why they SUCK.

Well let's look at this statement. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Since when does an engine have anything to do with looks?
If the Ford sells so damn well, why the need for constant redesigns? If the Ford sold so well, why isn't the Excursion being produced? What about the Explorer? And I'm not even referring to the tire issue, which anyone with your level of smarts would know that the tire issue had little to do with the explorer, take an car driver that couldn't tell the difference between a tire gauge and a valve stem and give them a truck that needs it's tires checked frequently and any brand is dangerous. The cummins has used plently of new technology, ever hear of common rail high pressure 2 stage fuel injection? (which Cummins didn't pioneer btw) I love how you can sum up your intelligence with the word "SUCK" Whenever someone says something that you don't like, it "SUCKS" Don't give us any facts as to why it's inferior, just copy mindless rhetoric like everyone else.

*makes repedetive motion back and forth near pants*

Yea that's a mature comment

I still retain to my original Ford kicks ass, and so did the 281 Indy engine!!! I liked the 427 SOHC just as much though, and it came in production cars. 658 [email protected] RPMS and tq to match, and that was in the late 60's. Did anyone else do that? No, so F off.

Yea and Ford and GM complained that the Hemi made too much power, ban them ban them. :rolleyes:

Oh, I HATE chebbie too, its not a bowtie, its a fawking BAND AID
GM is the same, so I hate them too. (well, they're better than chebbie in the fact that they're not a SUBSIDARY for crying out loud)

Well at least you said one smart thing. I like the band aid comment :)

Dave
test

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
FORD the biggest sheetmetal on the market! fords suck bad. they're super duty only comes with a dana 50 front, you have to upgrade to a 60. the powerstroke is underpowered and continually sucks a$$. i've read countless reviews of actual tow tests between dodge/chevy/ford and for some odd reason all 3 tests concluded that ford was the last place finisher. car and driver stated that the chevy quad cab has more leg room than the friggin ford crew cab! that's just pathetic. the ford engineers designed them to LOOK like the biggest baddest trucks out there, sadly they don't perform like the biggest and baddest. i'll never own one they're terrible. JUST LIKE DALE, I'LL STICK WITH GM!!!

·
Registered
493 Posts
reeser said:
super duty only comes with a dana 50 front, you have to upgrade to a 60.
Wrong answer...:flipoff2: Although SOME of the first few years of the current Super Duty platform did have a D50, there were still some, duallys I believe, that had D60s factory. Now, they all have 60s...

So, before you open your mouth to let the uninformed BS spew on to others, CHECK THE FACTS...

On a side note, IMHO, I think one reason that the V8 Stroke is in the SuperDuty is that many people are "familiar" with V blocks. OK, it isn't the same as a I6, but what the hell, eh?

All three trucks can pull, regardless of what powerplant is in them. Also, I don't care what tranny yu put behind them, if you are loaded and just hammer down from a stop constantly, YOU WILL TEAR SHIT UP. That has nothing to do with who made it, that is just fawking common sense...;)

They all have goods and bads about them.

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
Being a Ford Owner I will never buy another. I have a 99 F-250 that had warranty work at about 9,000 miles. It hasn't given me any real trouble but there are little stupid things that are going wrong that shouldn't. Example, the plunger type switch for your dome light has worked for 50 years or whatever so we decide we are technical guru's and make it electronic so it fails on a truck that was only 2 years old at the time. Also occasionaly when you shut off the windshield wipers they don't go off. These are not major problems I know but they are annoying as hell!! Just my $.02

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I own 2 Fords and neither of them pull for shit 67 Bronco the suspension is too soft (my fault I don't want to tow with it anyway) 94 f150 will haul small chit but that's it but what do you expect from a 4.9L 6cyl

What's better Ford Dodge Chubby who gives a rats ass grow up. And my dad can beat up your dad :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
wai wai wai wai...

You're saying a 4.9L inline 6 wont tow... I think you're full of shit....
And if it wont, its because its ONLY An F150! Its only made to tow smaller stuff, if you had a 250++ then you could tow shit.

And you're complaining that your trail rig has too soft a suspension:confused:

Dave

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
I stand Corrected :emb4: Ford Doesn't Own cummins Any more of the significant stock holders in 1994 listed below 1994: The Ford Motor Co. owned 7.70%; Tenneco Inc. General Employee Benefit Trust owned 7.70%; Cummins Engine Co. Inc. and Affiliates Employee Stock Ownership Trust c/o The Northern Trust Co. owned 5.57%; and The Capital Group Inc. owned 5.04%. Ford owns as much as Cummins employee trust does as for today the # look like this 2002: Cummins Inc. Employee Benefits Trust c/o The Vanguard Fiduciary Trust Company owned 7.62%, and Capital Research and Management Co. owns 6.30% of Cummins.

Directly from Cummins historical stock portfolio. :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :emb4:

·
Registered
529 Posts
I gotta agree. They're all junk.

I've had a 2001 and a 2002 F150 Supercrew. (work pays for it)
Never had a problem with either.

My friend had a Chev 2500 Duramax and its been in the shop a bunch of times in the first 6 months. Starter, computer, etc.

I can't justify spending that kind of money on a truck myself.

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
Just making sure, i didnt want to go off ranting how rediculous of a statement that was and only dig myself a hole! ;)

It really IS a kickass engine... Then again, its coming from the same guy that is saying his trail rig's suspension is too soft:rolleyes: :flipoff2:

My g/f's Dad has a 72~(not sure, only seen it once) with an inline 6, its a camper, weighs AT the GVWR, and it does fine, in 300k miles NOTHING has bit it, the tranny was rebuilt to put in a granny gear though. The truck will haul whatever you latch on.

Dave

·
Registered
16 Posts
YES.... FORD=F$##ed over rebuilt Dodge

MOPAR and CHEVY Power for life!:beer:

41 - 60 of 81 Posts