Pirate 4x4 banner

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Whether a car sucks or not all depends on what you want it for:flipoff2: if you want a reliable car look in fawking cosumer reports and it's pretty damn easy to see what cars are the most reliable.:rolleyes: This post is really chit chat but everyone seem to be argueing about whats the best truck. Theres no point there is no one best truck. The best truck is the truck that gets the stuff done that you want done:flipoff2:

·
Registered
170 Posts
I owned 2 fords and 1 toyota . . .
the first ford still have and love! the toyota, didn't have long enough to have any problems with it. the 2nd ford . . . .now that's a different story!
Loved it when I got it, but it just keeps sucking more and more every time i drive it!!
But hey, don't they manufacture vehicles with "something" wrong to get more money from you????
that's what it's all about after all, the money!

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
Well, let's see.....

On the v versu inline thing, it's more of a size issue than anything else. Most large trucks use i6 engine simple because they fit better than a v8. The cummins is an i6 because it is directly decended from large i6 truck engines, and they already had the basic design. The different bore / stroke results in a difference power and torque curve, but the basic design is not fundementally better or worse. If you look, you will notice alot of v type engines out there, in heavy duty service. Most locomotive engines and large marine diesel are v tpye engines, and certain large industrial eninines are alos this way. If 'v' was such a poor configuration, why would they use it in these uses, which see much more abuse than any pickup?

Also, on the rod sixe pic, remember that the cummins has 6 rods, whereas the ford / gm have 8. The cummins also has a longer stroke, which means it needs a heavier rod to resist flexing. This is also why the gm rod is smaller than the ford. Besides, how many psd do you know that've thrown a rod? Personally, I've never heard of any where the rod failed, it usually happens due to a piston siezing, or stopping suddenly.
~John

·
Registered
324 Posts
i have a 2001 lightning and have had no problems with it. and have yet to be outrun by another truck :) plus it just feels good when you beat a camero in a truck.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
F.O.R.D
Fawked over Rebuilt Dodge
Fawked on red Dirt
Fix Or Repair Daily
Driver Returns On Foot

FORD they Circle their mistakes

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
SnowScoutII said:
F.O.R.D
Fawked over Rebuilt Dodge
Fawked on red Dirt
Fix Or Repair Daily
Driver Returns On Foot
FORD they Circle their mistakes
Yeah... and they use International engines.... I guess that means you suck too!:rolleyes:

Dave
<edit> Doesnt International use Ford engines as well... like in Scouts?

·
Registered
66 Posts
My dads 2000 F250 Superduty was in the shop with 5,000 miles on it because the leaf springs were sliding out from under the shop. Now with 40,000 on it the power locks on the passenger side don't work, and on the way to Montana from CA. the electrical system completely shut down when I hit 70 MPH...... It is in the shop every 2-3 months. He would never buy another one- considering it cost $35,000 and it has been nothing but a pain in the ass. Ford for interior- Chevy or Dodge for the running parts. Its a comfortable but unreliable expensive POS
FORD

Driver Returned On Foot

·
Registered
363 Posts
SR5Dave said:

They used chevy parts on their IH engines, used AMC engines, and mine has a Nissan Diesel--nope no Ford engines here. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
all fords are junk. Lets face it america motors like fords just can't build trucks like toyota. My 22r ran for 398,000 before it died. Not to many other truck have names like

1.Found On Road Dead
2.Fix Or Repair Daily
3.Failed On Race Day
4.Fucked over Rebuilt Dodge

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
SR5Dave said:

Yeah... and they use International engines.... I guess that means you suck too!:rolleyes:

Dave
no , and I am speaking for IHC back in the day, before IH went out of the light truck line business. Lets take a poll on which motors went further back in the day, a cast Iron 304 pig got me over 250000 miles....and no I dont know nor think any other ford engine would last that long.

And yeah....... I know I suck:flipoff2: :flipoff2: :D

·
Registered
141 Posts
Personally I haven't had any issues with my auto powerstroke (knock on wood). True any auto behind a diesel with torque like these things produce is probably going to have issues at some point. Dodge has the same problems with thier trannies...and actually I would be willing to bet that dodge has had more tranny issues than ford. The auto that is behind the powerstroke is by far a stronger tranny than that thing behind the 5.9. Talk about crap!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Ford owners like Fords, Dodge owners like Dodges, and GM owners like the Chevy's and GMC's. No amount of arguing is going to change anyone's minds.

Everyone has some stupid ass story about their truck or their neighbors truck of a different brand. Including me. Blah Blah Blah.

Let the thread die, shut the fawk up!:flipoff2:

·
Registered
89 Posts
well speaking as a Ford trained tech, yes they are all crap!

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
I just lost the tranny in my 2000 F-150, it was 2000 miles past the waranty! Assholes! Why do you think they pick such round # for their exp. dates 3 yrs, 36k WTF! It aint even broke in and its broke.:mad:

61 - 80 of 81 Posts