Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Are D300 CV yoke vs NP231 Yoke the same ?

I'm swaping 4.0 l & AX15 in my 83 CJ7 in place of 258/T4.

As the AX15 is longer than th T4 I need new driveshafts.
I have a TJ front driveshaft with CV joint that would like to use as a rear in my CJ7.
So I guess I need a CV joint output yoke for my D300.

Can I use a NP231 front output CV Yoke on my D300 ?

If not, were can I order one ?

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
5,477 Posts
:confused: Whoa! Your way off here. First of all, I would NOT use a front TJ shaft for my rear. Way to short in the spline department.

Again, using the front yoke of the 231 is in my opinion not a good idea. however, if the spline count and seal surface are the same as your 300 output, sure it will work. Work good, no. Pull it off and throw it on and try it. But you're better off getting a flanged yoke for the 300 and flanged CV, then tubing it up for the shaft.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I disagree with LOPPY, I have a dana 300 with a TJ 231 front output yoke and front CV shaft (shortened) for my rear shaft and it works great, it is an easy and inexpensive way to do it. The only problem is the flinger (the little piece around the yoke that flings crap away as the shaft spins) You can have the driveshaft shop remove or replace that as when they shorten the shaft.

-Jer

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for all your answers. I think I gonna try the TJ shaft + NP231 front output as I have easy access to the parts. I'll check my slip travel, as I guess that depends on the travel of your suspension set up (I'm running a 4" lift).
I'll let you know how things turn out.

For the front I plan on using my rear CJ shaft (lenghtened) with a regular joint. I don't want to mess with pinion angle on the front.
Any comment ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts