Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im considering buying YJ SOA kit from rocky road outfitters. Yes im a noob when it comes to jeeps but not when it comes to tools. I dont know much about this company in fact i have never heard of them but i saw thier website and it seems like a good kit what do you guys think?
http://www.rocky-road.com/yjspoa.html

im conscerned mainly because i have never heard of this company but their kit seems to be almost complete, i think it just needs shocks and a SYE and cv driveshaft... am i right?

·
Registered
356 Posts
I dont' know about the SOA kit but when I was in college I ran a Suzuki pretty hard. Ordered several parts from Rocky-Road and I have been happy with them. Seemed like a good company with quality parts.

I'm looking at it for my Jeep and it seems to be the best SOA kit on the market. But I'm still going to weld it up when it's all set up.

·
Registered
16 Posts
In my experience, Rocky Road is shady to say the least. I ordered an ARB Locker from them three weeks ago and had to cancel this week because they still hadn't shipped it. When I asked them why, they told me they hadn't received their stock order yet. So I phoned back ten minutes later, got another person, and they said that my locker never came on the stock order. A stock order which they placed two weeks after they told me they would. They said my locker didn't come on it because ARB has been on back order and that I needed to wait another three weeks for a shipment to come over from Australia. So I phoned ARB USA and they told me they have sixteen in stock and haven't been back ordered for as long as they could remember. So I phone Rocky Road back and they tell me that they don't know why my locker never came and that I'll have to wait for their next stock order to arrive next week, or the week after, or the week after; no guarantee. However, they say they can drop ship from ARB for ONLY $25. I cancel my order and run as fast as possible. Phone up Performance Off-road Center and they drop ship for free via UPS Ground and the locker is $3 cheaper than Rocky Road. This whole fiasco followed Rocky Road trying to pass off Yukons as US Gear and trying to sell me gears that were incompatible my front diff. I can say that I did successfully receive the gears, which were drop shipped from Randy's, and that Rocky Road was nice enough over the phone. I just wouldn't trust them. ;)

·
Global Warmer
2,685 Posts
I dont know about their SOA kit but I ordered a BB for the wife's XJ a few years ago and had no issues whatsoever with the product, shipping, customer service, etc.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya same here thats why i was asking i think im going to go with rubicon express mainly because their shop is located about 30 minutes from my house so i know i can go in and demand good service.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts