Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
34,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a total noob to landcruisers, I just bought mine a couple weeks ago.

Anyway, I have a ton of parts, see here ; http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=1200738#post1200738

Someone made this offer, which I feel is pretty chintzy, but who knows, I may be wrong.

"Hows about this Engine $150
Transmision 100
Transfer 75
Front axel 100
Rear axel 50
Drive shafts 50

Please voice your opinions

·
Registered
836 Posts
I would take the tranny and both transfer cases if shipping to AK wasn't so expensive...

Wait...any idea how much it might cost to send them to Oregon?

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
EDIT> opps, reread. If those were your prices, I was saying:

More than fair prices.

FYI Front disk axle cost my PO $850. Good deal on one is around $400 IMO. Not sure what it'd cost today though, if it were closer I'd be interested myself!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I think those prices a too low-ball. you should have no problem getting $100+ for ea. third member provided they are 4.11 fine spline. he front axle minus the third would proably go for around $150-200 & the rear would go for around $100-$150. the tranny & t-case should be around $300+ & the 2f should be anywhere from $200 to $500 depening on mileage & condition. all the prices are based on decent condition stuff. ofcoarse package deals would save the buyer some $$$

this is just my opinion so if you think differently :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :D

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
"Hows about this Engine $150
Transmision 100
Transfer 75
Front axel 100
Rear axel 50
Drive shafts 50
Front axle with fine spline pinion 5-750
Rear with fine spline 300
Driveshafts anything you can get.
Butch

·
Banned
34,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Clarification

These are the prices that someone offered to me for the part's I am selling.

I see I wasn't the only one thinking they were on the way low side.

Anyway, it was his idea for me to post this here, thinking you guys would say they were fair prices.

Thanks for the opinions, keep them coming.

·
Banned
34,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Advent Horizon said:
I would take the tranny and both transfer cases if shipping to AK wasn't so expensive...

Wait...any idea how much it might cost to send them to Oregon?
I have no idea. I want to keep the 3-speed transfer case, but would sell the 4-speed with the transfer case attached.

As far as the shipping goes, I am open to suggestions. I mean, would I palletize it and arrange for a pickup? Never shipped anything heavy.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
If I still lived in MD, I would take the Tcase. I lived not far off Bl'air road and worked down at Monument and Wolfe Streets. :D

·
Banned
34,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
heheheh, I still live within 1 mile of rt 1. Even when I was living in the city, I lived on "Blair" rd or nearby.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Here at Oregon State University we refer "Natty" to Natural Ice. Tho our prefered american piss water is milwaukie beast :flipoff2: I'm a personal fan of PBR (Pabst Blue Ribbon) cheap beer rules!!! :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
838 Posts
You can do better. Those prices are cheap for the east coast, I go nuts when I see how cheap west coasters sell stuff on this board for. Most folks will help a fellow cruiser head out if their in need or seem OK but.... thats money you could put into your rig.

When my brother was in MD he rolled his '76 and got like $600 (IIRC) for the axles alone from some shop in VA. I could find out the name of the shop.

·
Banned
34,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ckolloff said:
You can do better. Those prices are cheap for the east coast, I go nuts when I see how cheap west coasters sell stuff on this board for. Most folks will help a fellow cruiser head out if their in need or seem OK but.... thats money you could put into your rig.

When my brother was in MD he rolled his '76 and got like $600 (IIRC) for the axles alone from some shop in VA. I could find out the name of the shop.
I would appreciate it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts