Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked these up the other day, FF Dana 60 rear and eight-lug external Dana 44 front with drilled and tapped flat-tops from the factory, the rear is just under 50" WMS to WMS, and the front is like 51" WMS to WMS with a passenger drop LP housing with no cast in spring pads, and it's almost centered on the axle.

5.89 Dana gears, cut on 2/22/74, front axle BOM 604347 2 27 85 A

Any guesses? The only modifications made to these are the previous owner ground off the spring pads that were welded on the tubes.

Attachments

·
Registered
996 Posts
350 chevyed go cart?:flipoff2:

So you dont know why he narrowed them or you do and you want us to guess? :confused:

·
Premium Member
4,938 Posts
:confused:

Those are 100% factory or does the previous owner not know???

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oldjeep said:
I'd have to guess that they are off a Zamboni
ding ding ding, we have a winner!

100% factory, unaltered, Zamboni axles, complete (shafts are out in the pic but I have them)....and complete with a snapped off front pinion....somebody's been taking the Zamboni out on cruise night and doing 4-wheel burnouts.

Not sure what I am going to do with them, really just wanted the flat-tops and hubs off the 44, I guess I could use the 60 in my YJ.....and make it a dually.

·
Registered
10,490 Posts
So the guy was parting out a Zamboni? Even in very shitty condition they bring big bucks.

·
Registered
11,647 Posts
4Bangler said:

ding ding ding, we have a winner!

So what do I win :D Just sell that back axle to a willys owner, it's just the right width to swap right on.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
I say sell them to the narrow trac folks..

Imagin a sixty in a flatty stock width? hehe

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
I'm guessing 70's Ford knuckles out, maybe Dodge....
Nice find, thanks for posting pics!

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I have seen similar axles on ditchwitch type equipment;)

·
Registered
11,647 Posts
Daveyclimber said:
I have seen similar axles on ditchwitch type equipment;)
They are a little wider and use non-steering 60's front and rear ;)

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mr.N said:
I'm guessing 70's Ford knuckles out, maybe Dodge....
Nice find, thanks for posting pics!
Wow, it's not very often that Mr. N (should be Mr. Dana 44) is off, but those are pre '76 Chevy 3/4 ton knuckles out, and I think the housing is either teh centersection from an older Dana 44 front (like the closed knuckle J-trucks, no spring pad on the housing) or it's a center section meant for a rear axle.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts