Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it bad to leave a full argon tank out in sub-zero temperatures? I don't want ot ruin a perfectly good tank. TIA

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
also I dont know about where you are, but my welding supply place stores at least the argon tanks, and many others tyoes OUTSIDE....

MJ;)

·
Registered
838 Posts
No...I just froze my ass off all winter doing field welds on 316 stainless pipe at work....we also store bottles outside and run on a bank or "six pack" in the shop.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Chark said:
No...I just froze my ass off all winter doing field welds on 316 stainless pipe at work....we also store bottles outside and run on a bank or "six pack" in the shop.
I'm with Chark, the bottles on my truck were working fine today and the high temp was -36. Me working was a different story.

·
Registered
657 Posts
The only temp dependant gases are those that are mixed - at the colder temps the mixes seperate into layers.... Bottle warmer that keeps the temp up at 70F will fix that problem though.

I have never had problems - but you never know...

If anything the cold is easier on the tank itself - really hot days will actually bump the pressure a little bit.

And at the pressures and volumes commonly used for industrial purposes you will likely never notice any difference - just try using a little (tank is about the size of a coke can) butane-propane stove at 14,000ft+ in -20F temps - it can make things trying :D

Matt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts