Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok it is on the news pages. Man breaks into house, resident restrains burglar and ties him to tree, taping his mouth with duct tape. Perp dies before police arrive.

I say he is in deep shit, kidnapping and imprisoned, not self defense.

What say you? Link story if you can please

·
Premium Member
13,758 Posts
I'm gonna guess there is a bit more to the story. Nobody gets tied to a tree and dies if that's the sumation of actions. :homer:

·
Insurance poor
10,064 Posts
We need to rethink lethal injection, seems how some duct tape and a tree is all it takes. :homer:

Tons missing from the story.

·
Premium Member
30,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Suffocated from duct tape or injury from being landed on after falling off porch.

Injury, he walks, duct tape, he is in trouble.

·
Premium Member
108,054 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Either way, can we get him an honorary pbb membership? He'd be the first one here to string up the body as a warning to others.

·
Addicted to Gear Oil
10,027 Posts
Seems to be a reasonable amount of force to restrain said burglar. I doubt Mr. Johnson owns any handcuffs and restrained the burglar as best he could.

I wonder how much duct tape he used? :laughing:

Johnson, who told deputies his home had been robbed previously, had set up a trap that night in an effort to stop any more burglaries from taking place at his mobile home.
So he turned off the lights and parked his car at a neighbor's home to make it seem like no one was there and went back to his house where he waited inside by the back door, WALA reported.

He eventually heard someone knocking on the front door, Stringer said.

After he did not answer, the suspect then made his way to the back door where he broke the lock around 10pm, according to WALA.

Read more: Alabama suspected burglar found dead after homeowner tied him to a tree | Daily Mail Online
Well, now the laying in wait could be a problem...

but, I wouldn't convict him if he was charged. He's in Alabama, not California, so I think he'll be alright.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Yeah they fry him over the pre-meditation part of the whole thing. Justified or not they won't overlook that little tid bit.

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
Not a lawyer but I have seen Law and Order a few times.

Is lying in wait still applicable if you are just waiting to see IF someone comes to rob you vs. KNOWING that someone is coming to rob you.

I could see it if you have inside info that a person is coming to a certain spot and you set up an ambush or launch a plan. Seems he was doing nothing more than the average person that has a baseball bat, gun or any weapon IN CASE someone breaks in, etc.

He did bait him by moving the car, etc. but that doesnt seem the same,

There is no law that I know of that he has to answer the front door, or make anyone aware that he is home.

Assuming the police released this info, I would say that this is an EXCELLENT example of shut your fucking mouth until you talk to your attorney. In fact, anytime you harm someone, in defense or not, and there are handcuffs entering the conversation, you should end the conversation immediately............if not before.

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
The old bugger is 68 and he chased and restrained a 31-year-old. Good on the ol boy :beer::beer::beer:

Unless he taped the robber's mouth and nostrils, there's no way the guy died from asphyxiation. News story says robber fell or jumped off the back steps. Could have hit his head and died as a result after being tied and taped.

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
The old bugger is 68 and he chased and restrained a 31-year-old. Good on the ol boy :beer::beer::beer:

Unless he taped the robber's mouth and nostrils, there's no way the guy died from asphyxiation. News story says robber fell or jumped off the back steps. Could have hit his head and died as a result after being tied and taped.
'What if' dude got sick and tried to throw-up? But couldn't because his mouth was taped closed.

Why tape his mouth shut? IMO That will be a big question.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts