Pirate 4x4 banner

armor vs. non armor poll

3K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  romanski 
#1 ·
Just a ? How many FJC's will or do have armor VS. How many FJC owners just cruise, ....or how may would you quess from what you all see drivin, wheeling and so forth?

Thanks

Justin

#5 ·
I only have sliders but I do mostly moderate 4x4 trails and washboard back roads... When I come up to something that looks like it will scrape the underside, rather than drag over it I either pick around it very carefully or give it a wide birth and find another way around. But I haven't found much that that stopped me yet... But I'm not running any extreme trails.

#8 ·
I have rails and Budbuilt skids. I really like the protection because they are dings gouged and slid across. I don't like the weight and the fact that they completely destroy cleearance and breakover. Bellydoc, (when he had his cruiser) Had the best setup possible. He put an inchworm Lefty in clocked, and cut out the factory crossmember. Relocated the exhaust and fabbed a new crossmember within the frame rails. He gained 3+ inches in the middle. Brilliant. I am looking into such options myself
thanks
Don

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.