Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
5,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In all reality, the shifter is just two short, so we were playing with some all thread trying to get the optimum shifter height. Here is how small the blasted thing is when it was installed. yup ~ kinda hard to reach when you're strapped in by a 3" 4-point harness.

Attachments

·
Banned
5,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know, I know. I'd never let this Scout leave the office with THAT steering wheel. So we picked up this one!
:eek: < MOMO!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
All I can say is :rolleyes: If your gonna be starped in, why not put that shifter in a more realistic location? Like next to the seat? That long azz arm looks gay as hell, not to mention it will increase the throw required to shift.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Scoutillac said:
All I can say is :rolleyes: If your gonna be starped in, why not put that shifter in a more realistic location? Like next to the seat? That long azz arm looks gay as hell, not to mention it will increase the throw required to shift.
Ditto!!

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
My B&M is mounted far back on the trans tunnel cover. As far as I could get it without mounting it to the trans tunnel itself.

I would've gone to the tunnel, but that's where the fire extinguisher is.

I've also mounted the starter and kill switch under my seat.. reaching the dash was problematic when strapped in with the 5pts.

·
Banned
5,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I sure hope that you guys didn't think we were going to put the shifter there. Besides the fact that you couldn't shift into park (dash in the way), you could barely put it in low gear (seat in the way)...We just bought $2 worth of all thread to see if we could fit an extention on it for placement, then we'd hook it up with alluminum shifter that raises the knob an inch or two (decission is the customers) so he didn't need to lean so far forward to get in out of park.

Ugly Scout came up with the closest guess ~ we were going to put the shifter on the cage, but then we couldn't remove the cage easily (customer preference) nor could we get the center console in.

Either way, we figured we'd put the whole dang stick on to see what it'd look like ~ for fun. so I thought I'd snap a picture or two and post them. Hence the title of the post.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I could send you a good pic of how mine is mounted. I have no star and am a little curious as to where it went. How long has the red star been in affect? I bought mine when it first came out and it disappeared about two months ago. Oh, well, i'll get another but if you want to see a good one let me know.

·
Banned
5,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Brawler said:
I could send you a good pic of how mine is mounted. I have no star and am a little curious as to where it went. How long has the red star been in affect? I bought mine when it first came out and it disappeared about two months ago. Oh, well, i'll get another but if you want to see a good one let me know.
Please ~ I welcome info/ideas on this shifter...thats why I posted it.

Anyway ~ the red star is good for a year. After that year it goes away until you pay the $20 again. My star went away a bit ago as well. So I renewed it by re-donating to POR. SO, in other words, its time to pay up!

·
Registered
14,282 Posts
Snoop, what kind of T-case is that double-sticked in there? Twin-stick D-20? D-300? Or something expen$ive?

·
Banned
5,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sully said:
Snoop, what kind of T-case is that double-sticked in there? Twin-stick D-20? D-300? Or something expen$ive?
Well....something VERY expensive. That little lever between the auto and the twinstick is the Klune underdrive selector (2.7 drop) and the TwinStick belongs to the Atlas II w/ 3.8 low range.

Yes, in all, that Scout has a total reduction of 255:1 when you combine the low TF727 gears, the klune, the atlas and the w/ 4.56 gears in the axles. Oh, and its a sweetly tuned 304 w/ TBI and HEI...

Its getting picked up at the exhaust shop as I type. Custom 2.25" Duals w/ 26" glass-packs....oh yeah.

·
Registered
14,282 Posts
:eek:

I can't help but be jealous of people whose transfer case alone costs more than my whole rig did!

Got any more pics of that rig? How much length does the Klune add to the drivetrain?

·
Banned
5,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sully said:
:eek:
Got any more pics of that rig? How much length does the Klune add to the drivetrain?
The Klune was like 6" or was it less...hum.. Between that and the massive Atlas case, the front drive shaft measures out at 31" and the rear shaft is 30". Pretty sweet deal since the motor is in the stock location. We swapped ArtCarr's RV gearset into the TF727 and put a Jeep Tailhousing on it to get the 6-bolt round pattern. I'm attaching a couple pictures for ya'll

Attachments

·
Banned
5,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Here's what the rig looked like a week ago. We put the cage in, seats, and have driven it around a little today after the new dual exhaust was put in. I have some pictures of it outside but I can't download them on this computer. I'll take the camera home tonight and post them in the morning. The rig is a SWEET looker and actually rides real nice (shocks aren't charged yet, but soon).

It gets it's RockSliders and Rear Bumper w/ Carrier tomorrow (sat).

Tuesday it gets tow'd to RhinoLinings for 'Cat Skin Tan' interior (tailgate to under dash), over the bed lip and on the insides of the doors.

Then we charge the shocks with some Nitrogen and it'll be time for some serious TESTING!!!Woohoo!:D :D :D

Attachments

·
Banned
5,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sully said:
:eek:I can't help but be jealous of people whose transfer case alone costs more than my whole rig did!
Ah common. I sell Klune's for $1575 + shipping. You have to have more in your Scout than that....

·
Banned
5,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ihbeast said:
Did you all fab that dash or someone else?
Yes, that would be a D and C unit. $100 normally...for POR members you'd be looking at $85 + shipping. Yes its aluminum.

:D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts