Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What kind of backspacing are you guys running your RECENTERED H1 wheels at with Artec arms? I want to tuck these in as tight as possible so if I can run 4-5" of BS, awesome.

Their website says:
These arms have been confirmed to fit 17", 4.75" backspaced wheels. Will NOT work with factory backspaced H1 wheels. The bulge on the side of the arm measures 1.25" from the spindle mounting surface. Please confirm you have adequate space between arms and wheels/tires before purchasing.
I'm setting up the wheels before setting the axle under the truck so I can't measure for another couple months, unless someone wants to donate an Artec D60 high steer arm for testing purposes. :D

·
Registered
11,483 Posts
What kind of backspacing are you guys running your RECENTERED H1 wheels at with Artec arms? I want to tuck these in as tight as possible so if I can run 4-5" of BS, awesome.

Their website says:

I'm setting up the wheels before setting the axle under the truck so I can't measure for another couple months, unless someone wants to donate an Artec D60 high steer arm for testing purposes. :D
Call Nate and ask him. Guy is so awesome he may just send you one as a loaner to test fit.

·
InArtecWeTruss
3,523 Posts

Their website says:

sending PM

Call Nate and ask him. Guy is so awesome he may just send you one as a loaner to test fit.
Thanks for the compliment.

·
Premium Member
19,786 Posts
I'd do the steering before I welded the wheels, I'd just not want to take the risk.
My arms are on 4.75 bs 17" wheels and they sit VERY close to the wheel.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd do the steering before I welded the wheels, I'd just not want to take the risk.
My arms are on 4.75 bs 17" wheels and they sit VERY close to the wheel.
I'm still rocking a D44 8 lug front at the moment but am switching to Ford 79 D60 in October. I'll be wheeling the front and H1's all the way to the D60 swap.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Artec's site clearly states the maximum confirmed backspacing that can be run with their 60 arms.... so what exactly is the question here?

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Im running 16" wheels with 4.5" bs and 40" tires, I have less then a 1/4" from my high steer arm to my tires. I am gonna need some wheel spacers.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Artec's site clearly states the maximum confirmed backspacing that can be run with their 60 arms.... so what exactly is the question here?
The question is whether or not you can read....apparently :flipoff2:. Their site says 17" wheels, what are H1's? :smokin:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts