Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Why? You could buy 2 zuk cases that are built, (1) w/6to1s and (1) w/4.89s, and may be still have enough left over for a locker!
The only reason to run an Atlas would be if you got h.p. and weight , both of which are not foiund in a zuk.......unles you are '350SAMURAI'. Upgrade to toyota stuff (p/s,axles,doubler, get a lucky 13 and lockers w/stock gears and you'll be stylin').
use the search button! newbie :flipoff2: :D :flipoff2: AND I THOUGHT WE WERE GETTING INTELLIGENT NEWBS.... MUSTA BEEN A FLUKE..BUILD IT AND GET IT AWN! :flipoff2:

ME GETTIN' IT AND SPANKIN' J**PS..SPOA ,TOY P/S,M/LINKS,
4.89S,LOCKERS,&SACK....http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=89438&highlight=crca

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
Can you go front drive only with Zuke cases??? I know you can't with Toyota cases!!

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
Jerry Blair said:
:flipoff2: There are you happy Donkey? Make you feel at home?

This isn't about the money. It isn't about whether or not it is a good idea. It is not about weight. It is not about horsepower. I have it, it was FREE. I searched.

Anyone here have a clue?
My buddy with a V8 in his Zuk was going to run one. He said it wouldn't fit between the frame rails so he canned that idea. That's about all I know. You could always sell it an finance most of your Zuk buildup.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, Chris.

I don't doubt there will be issues with the size. I have one in my 95 YJ and know it is big.

The original plan had not intended to have the Atlas. This vehicle is being built to be given away and I would like to use all the donated items. More details will be available soon. It is being built to be a competitive rock crawler and has many, many sponsors involved.

·
Registered
309 Posts
horse_with_no_name said:
Why? You could buy 2 zuk cases that are built, (1) w/6to1s and (1) w/4.89s, and may be still have enough left over for a locker!
The only reason to run an Atlas would be if you got h.p. and weight , both of which are not foiund in a zuk.......unles you are '350SAMURAI'. Upgrade to toyota stuff (p/s,axles,doubler, get a lucky 13 and lockers w/stock gears and you'll be stylin').
use the search button! newbie :flipoff2: :D :flipoff2: AND I THOUGHT WE WERE GETTING INTELLIGENT NEWBS.... MUSTA BEEN A FLUKE..BUILD IT AND GET IT AWN! :flipoff2:

ME GETTIN' IT AND SPANKIN' J**PS..SPOA ,TOY P/S,M/LINKS,
4.89S,LOCKERS,&SACK....http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=89438&highlight=crca
If A/A is nice enough to exchange the Atlas FOR A ROCK BOX THEN YOU COULD "GET IT" with : 1600,RingeR,sm trans, rockbox,
toy junk out to the back and front bumpers.........almost forgot

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=1156201

:D peace and luv

·
Registered
945 Posts
if ya really want that front wheel drive only talk to brent at trail tough, he has a rear wheel disconnect thing on his orange buggy, its trick.

the other setup i think that would work good is go with the RingeR setup from SOS, toy tranny and transfercase then send the toy tcase over to OTT, they have a conversion that lets you bolt a dana 300 behind the toy case, then twin stick the 300.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Jerry Blair said:
Thanks, Chris.

I don't doubt there will be issues with the size. I have one in my 95 YJ and know it is big.

The original plan had not intended to have the Atlas. This vehicle is being built to be given away and I would like to use all the donated items. More details will be available soon. It is being built to be a competitive rock crawler and has many, many sponsors involved.
wow this sucks, tell ya what give all the parts to me, ill tell the sponsors all kinds of great stuff, and you can save all the hours of work on this thing....

Just to be fair you qest. sounded like every other can i swap xyz into my zuke. Now that we know the "rest of the story".

I think the case would fit with some clocking. Im guessing your plannign some sheet metal modifications.

OR What if you plan to have the bluge part of the case over the frame rail with just enough room for the DS to come down.

Not know what other "free" parts your tring to use up. Id say slice to floor open and prop the atlas in there and see what you can see, somthign will come to ya...

-yag

It will be tight

·
Premium Member
11,328 Posts
UN-Originally modified from Dychen
the other setup i think that would work good is go with the RingeR setup from SOS, toy tranny and front crawlerbox, then use a custom built, 1 off, home made adapter (not OTT's) to put a D300 behind the toy crawler box

:grinpimp::grinpimp::grinpimp::grinpimp::grinpimp:

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
??]Originally posted by zukipuke [/i]

Just to be fair you qest. sounded like every other can i swap xyz into my zuke. Now that we know the "rest of the story".

I think the case would fit with some clocking. Im guessing your plannign some sheet metal modifications.

OR What if you plan to have the bluge part of the case over the frame rail with just enough room for the DS to come down.

Not know what other "free" parts your tring to use up. Id say slice to floor open and prop the atlas in there and see what you can see, somthign will come to ya...

-yag

It will be tight
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply. Just to be fair to the board, I understand that "newbies" get ragged just for the fun of it no matter how their questions are worded.

I have most of the body removed right now. The cage is being built over the next two weeks and I'll have a rolling chassis by Valentine's Day. I'll get pics posted then. This is going to be a very nice buggy. I'll have more details soon.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
I'm a bit curious now.. has anyone ever seen an Atlas between Samurai frame rails? I wonder if the damn thing will fit?? Who cares about what would be a better setup and what would be a cheaper setup.. blah blah.. words.. will the thing even sit in there??

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.