Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a Atlas II out of a 89 XJ that had a 21 spline input I am putting it in my 99 XJ I am aware of the 23 spline output I have on my Tranny.And have to buy a new input gear from AA. What I am wondering is the case currently has a spacer to adjust for a long out put on the 21 spline AW-4 does anyone know if the 23 spline AW-4 will require the same spacer or not?

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
I think it will. Just mounted a d300 on the aw4. The trany output shaft sticks out about 1/2 inch past the end of the trany housing. If the atlas uses the same input setup as the d300 it will still need the spacer. I think you might also be able to get a 21 spline output for your trany from the dealer, might be cheaper than the atlas part, probably not as strong but never heard of one breaking.

·
Registered
823 Posts
IT WONT WORK! :flipoff2:

you must sell the atlas to me! Name the time! :D

btt :flipoff2:

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
I think that we can get away without the spacer according to my frined Jes with the AX15. I have my Atlas in the garage awaiting install into my 97 AW4. I'll post in the next couple of days whether it will work or not.

SeanP

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Hey don't hold me to it, I said I didn't need a spacer but had to use one because of cross member interferance.
I've heard conflicting reports as to wheather or not you need a 1" spacer with an AW4/Atlas combo. Some needed it, some didn't. Best thing to do is have a spacer on hand when you do the install, that should keep the f***-up fairies away.

Jes

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the spacer it came with the atlas as well as the sticks got the whole set up for 1200$ I just have to change that input gear in it which I am told runs 190$

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Wow, good deal! :beer:

Jes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts