Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching the web for three days and finally said screw it so I'm gonna post the damned question.

I am looking at upgrades for my 98 TJ sometime around April 15th of next year...lift, tires, gears, lockers ect. I will be streatching the $$$ pretty thin but looking real hard at transfer case and transmission swaps as well.

I don't want to throw money into the 231 or mess with an 18 or a flipped 300 and stock 231 gears arn't going to cut it. With the d44/30 I plan on running 4:56's and 33 or 35 inch tires.

I would like to purchase an Atlas but might have to keep the Ax-15 around for a while due to $$$. In time the Ax-15 is gonna go (one way or another!!!). I just don't know which transmission yet; 700r4, t18, sm420 ect.?

Lots of B.S. for one question but.....

I don't know if the Atlas is different for specific applications. Am I going to need an adapter for the Atlas when I do the transmission swap?

lightfoot

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Being as I am the nearest Atlas dealer near you, I'll answer. The atlas uses a different adapter between it and the tranny depending on model of tranny. So yes, and no. Think of the Atlas as a heavy duty 300. If you are using a similar 23 spline tranny then it won't. Let's say you use another trans that has the 6 bolt pattern and another spline count all you may need is a new input. Still confused? If you really want you can come down to my shop. I'm working for the next hour or so. Look in the brand new phone book under auto parts and Jeepworld. I'm really in Cordelia

I forgot the Atlas for your app. doesn't use an adapter.

[ 10-26-2001: Message edited by: SteveN. ]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts