Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been searching the web for three days and finally said screw it so I'm gonna post the damned question.

I am looking at upgrades for my 98 TJ sometime around April 15th of next year...lift, tires, gears, lockers ect. I will be streatching the $$$ pretty thin but looking real hard at transfer case and transmission swaps as well.

I don't want to throw money into the 231 or mess with an 18 or a flipped 300 and stock 231 gears arn't going to cut it. With the d44/30 I plan on running 4:56's and 33 or 35 inch tires.

I would like to purchase an Atlas but might have to keep the Ax-15 around for a while due to $$$. In time the Ax-15 is gonna go (one way or another!!!). I just don't know which transmission yet; 700r4, t18, sm420 ect.?

Lots of B.S. for one question but.....

I don't know if the Atlas is different for specific applications. Am I going to need an adapter for the Atlas when I do the transmission swap?

lightfoot

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.