Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do the 32 spline atlas yokes cross to anything else or are they atlas specific? i just got 1410 yokes for my d60 and 14b and i need to get yokes for the atlas. do the standard 1410 yoke offer more travel than the flange mount style? thanks

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I have found various 32 spline yokes at the junk yard on 203's and 205's and other cases. 32 spline is 32 spline afaik, and there are a few different seal id's (yoke od) to go with. Unless your dshaft has a flange you could likely find what you need at the junk yard for 1310, 1330, 1350, but probably not any larger.

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Re: Atlas Yokes

blk87K5 said:
Nothing special about them. AA would probably want you to think that you have to buy from them though.
Hi, No they are differnt. If you try to use a 1410 spicer yoke, the machined seal end will hit the cage for the shaft bearing. If you look at a atlas yoke it has the seal end chamfered so as not to hit the cage. I tried. Find someone with a atlas yoke and take it to a machine shop and they can duplicate the chamfer.

Dan

·
Registered
12,234 Posts
the front output yokes need a large over sized bevel to clear that pesky bearing sheild inside- that's the only custom thing needed- there are two seal sizes 1 7/8 and 2 1/8- Jess

·
Moderating Midget
27,537 Posts
The 1410 you have offers more degrees of operation than you will be able to put in it in the front of your Cruiser...flange or yoke, you will be fine.

I was running a 1310, so I upgraded to a flange with Toyota UJoints to get more operating range in the front.

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
got my 1410 front output yoke from Jess. he even installed it
on my case at his shop.

--Sherpa

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Got mine with the Atlas from Jess. It was easier/cheaper to just order the Atlas with the flanges/yoke of your choice from him.

Charles

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
AA would probably want you to think that you have to buy from them though.

Wrong, AA doesn't even have the 1410's, they just give you a part# so you can get them. Just call them and they will be happy to help. From what I have experienced you can safely get more angle from a 1410 than a flange style (after you clearance it), there is plenty of material on a 1410 yoke.:)

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mrtwstr said:
Wrong, AA doesn't even have the 1410's, they just give you a part# so you can get them. Just call them and they will be happy to help. From what I have experienced you can safely get more angle from a 1410 than a flange style (after you clearance it), there is plenty of material on a 1410 yoke.:)
THANKS!;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts