Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
I have one for sale. It is definetely a 12-bolt, the carrier has it stamped on it. It has bigger parts than a 44, but is not a 60 (doh!)

anyone ever heard of this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,069 Posts
Originally posted by John Galt:
<STRONG>I have one for sale. It is definetely a 12-bolt, the carrier has it stamped on it. It has bigger parts than a 44, but is not a 60 (doh!)

anyone ever heard of this?</STRONG>

Yeah thats your link above. <IMG SRC="smilies/rolleyes.gif" border="0"> Seabass was asking because nobody has every heard of one. Maybe you have a 10 bolt.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
186 Posts
Somebody's smokin some good crack <IMG SRC="smilies/smokin.gif" border="0">

There's one way to get a 12 bolt front- drive backwards <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,023 Posts
Originally posted by FWP:
<STRONG>Somebody's smokin some good crack <IMG SRC="smilies/smokin.gif" border="0">

There's one way to get a 12 bolt front- drive backwards <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"></STRONG>
Who's doin the smokin?
Seems logical to me that there are more ways to have a 12 bolt front than driving backwards.
Now a Ford 9" front, now that's impossible <IMG SRC="smilies/rolleyes.gif" border="0">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Reddwarf:
<STRONG>Who's doin the smokin?
Seems logical to me that there are more ways to have a 12 bolt front than driving backwards.
Now a Ford 9" front, now that's impossible <IMG SRC="smilies/rolleyes.gif" border="0"></STRONG>
Brain from FroFab has a ford 9" ifs front in his toyota, not impossible! 12 bolt front, so far nobody has ever seen anything but a 12 bolt rear.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,297 Posts
what do you mean 12 bolt stamed into it? how many ring gear bolts does it have? i have never seen one but im sure you can make one if you wanted to but why?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,615 Posts
Originally posted by SeaBass44:
<STRONG>
Brain from FroFab has a ford 9" ifs front in his toyota, not impossible! 12 bolt front, so far nobody has ever seen anything but a 12 bolt rear.</STRONG>
Not quite--Brian from Front Range has a solid axle Toy. Scott from Rockstomper has a 9" IFS setup.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,586 Posts
Pass what ever that is your smoking this way. GM never offered a 12 bolt front. Dana 44, Dana 60, and a Dana built 10 bolt corp. Yes you read that right, Dana built it but to GM spec. Most 10 bolts have the Dana rectangle cast into the side of the pumpkin. They run the same stub shafts and every thing from the knuckle out is interchangable.
I'm not saying that you don't have a 12 bolt front but it didn't come from GM that way. Somebody had to be board or something and built it.
There is no point in it. Not when you got D60's that will bolt in. There is no real gain in a 12 bolt front because you would still have to run same dia tubes and a 44 or 10 bolt yokes so no real gain in strength.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,023 Posts
Originally posted by SeaBass44:
<STRONG>
Originally posted by Reddwarf:
[qb]Who's doin the smokin?
Seems logical to me that there are more ways to have a 12 bolt front than driving backwards.
Now a Ford 9" front, now that's impossible <IMG SRC="smilies/rolleyes.gif" border="0"></STRONG>
Brain from FroFab has a ford 9" ifs front in his toyota, not impossible! 12 bolt front, so far nobody has ever seen anything but a 12 bolt rear.[/QB]
I know, I was being a smarty-pants.
I am well aware that Currie makes many 9" fronts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
584 Posts
GM did make a 12 bolt front,there is a guy in town that has one on front of mid 70's Chevy,And they are more havy duty than a 44.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,490 Posts
<IMG SRC="smilies/smokin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/smokin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/smokin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/smokin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/smokin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/smokin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/smokin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/smokin.gif" border="0">

Pass the dutchie to to the left-hand side...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,023 Posts
Well, U2, did we find out that 8 is the max number of smilies you can have in one post? <IMG SRC="smilies/rolleyes.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/tongue.gif" border="0">

John Galt told me he would try to post some pics when he gets back next week, so we'll get to the bottom of this....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,490 Posts
Red, I ran into the 8 pic limit some time ago <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0">

I'm with Grim on this one. Simply wasn't a factory GM offering. And like Grim said - what would you gain? They run 30-spline axles, same as a D44 or late 10-bolt. To top it off, you'd need custom length axles unless you could machine a spring perch into the side of the pumpkin.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,128 Posts
since u2slow works at gm wrecker I'd place my money on him being correct. <IMG SRC="smilies/smokin.gif" border="0">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
476 Posts
I could be wrong but I think my friends Blazer years ago had a 12-bolt front in it? Anyone got a shop manual handy?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
452 Posts
I belive that I saw one in the junk yard about 5 years ago.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top