Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Public commenting open for Apache Sitgreaves National Forest Travel Management Plan

The Apache Sitgreaves National Forest is asking the public to submit comments concerning a travel management plan in northern Arizona. These changes will affect access to our public lands. It's important that the public gets involved.

In this article, you can find links to review documents, view maps of the affected areas, and submit comments online.

If you are a hunter, hiker, mountain biker or four-wheeler this will affect you.

Get all the info here!

·
Registered
244 Posts
I saw this. We are working on a game plan to fight it. The .gov is pretty F’d right now. That should allow us to find some stuff they messed up on. Like their EA. The screwed up EA down here has caused a 2 year delay on what was supposed to include Bumble Bee... those trails have not been affected, because they aren’t doing their jobs... Currently trying to find some time to research this a little more and will help muster resources-bodies at meetings, word of mouth and help with teaching folks ‘how to comment’...

Thank you for bringing it up, here. That’s something I spaced.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw this. We are working on a game plan to fight it. The .gov is pretty F’d right now. That should allow us to find some stuff they messed up on. Like their EA. The screwed up EA down here has caused a 2 year delay on what was supposed to include Bumble Bee... those trails have not been affected, because they aren’t doing their jobs... Currently trying to find some time to research this a little more and will help muster resources-bodies at meetings, word of mouth and help with teaching folks ‘how to comment’...

Thank you for bringing it up, here. That’s something I spaced.
Please keep me in the loop ( [email protected] ). I have the potential to reach 20,000 people overnight with Arizona Backcountry Explorers. There must be an effort to enforce Arizona Revised Statute 37-931. We NEED the state to take a stand.

Contact the attorney general! Read what he has to say about Arizona Revised Statute 37-931. Its the only way Utah could win this battle.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A large portion of the Mogollon Rim Road ( Forest Road 300 ) is under threat of closure upon completion of the Apache Sitgreaves National Forest Travel Management Plan. A section that spans the distance of approximately 25 miles from US 60 to SR 260 may become inaccessible. Its a beautiful backcountry drive along the northern border of the Fort Apache Indian Reservation.

Get the info!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts