Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a reminder, my rear coarse spline cryo'd pinion survived the weekend of thrashing at Poteau and Clayton....

:flipoff2:

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Woody,

Need some backgound info. for those that were not able to attend.....
Did you have a bet or is it possible that the "Wise OLD One" might be WRONG? :flipoff2:

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Butch threatened "great ridicule" if my pinion busted on this trip, considering I had busted one in Moab and another in Attica...received lots of comments from many people on how stupid it was to install a cryo coarse and not a stock fine spline (yes, I have 2 sets of fines on the shelf). Not sure he's wrong on this issue (tho, possible) but his concerns were unwarranted, it appears...however, obviously, additional time will tell...

:flipoff2:

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
my coarse spline pinion held up to my heavy right foot too. then again my EATON pinion is 2" in diameter :D

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
As far as I'm concerned, running one is a lot like having unprotected sex, you may survive it, but not forever.......
Butch

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
what about those of us that are running course spline and currently aren't having sex??? or am i the only one in that category?

·
Zeus of the Sluice
4,740 Posts
toy4fun said:
If your not having sex you have a lot more to worry about then busting your pinion :laughing:
ya got that backwards... if your not, ya have allot LESS to worry about :flipoff2:

·
Registered
178 Posts
I never though about it that way :eek: :laughing: :laughing: But I guess your right. :D the old saying " Dammed if you do and Dammed if you don't " comes to mind :( But I would rather DO :D and worry than be DAMMED :( and not have to worry :D :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
here is a pic of my eaton's pinion yoke compared to the 32 spline pinion of an atlas t-case. a dana60 pinion is similar in size to the atlas. as you can see the eaton is huge. i am not worried about breaking this coarse spline pinion.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts