Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Auburn Ected anyone using this locker if so what do you think? I had a Detroit Electrac went bad after 4 years and they no longer make the Electrac.
Anyway looking at the Auburn have D44 and 35s in a TJ. Thanks for any in put.

·
Get Off My Lawn
13,168 Posts
they fucking suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I broke mine on the first trip out. I only have 35's with 4.0/3550/4:1 t-case/ 4.56/ D-44!!! So there is no reason for a carior to brake so easly.

dont buy it!

·
FoMoCo MoFo
4,580 Posts
And they unload and let one tire spin. They are really just and L/S that gets tighter when you hit the switch.

·
Disc brake guru
6,689 Posts
I've got one in the front of my 78 heavy ass bronco on 38's. It's worked great for me. I rarely need to flip to lock as the limited slip is crazy tight on mine. I just busted a ring gear, but the locker held up fine. I was on a waiting list and got one of the first they made for a 44.

·
Get Off My Lawn
13,168 Posts
Hell no! they said that because I was using it off road and on a non-stock vehicle there "limited warranty" was void. When I opened it up and the Ball Cage, and Cam Ring were broken. I just pulled the broke shit and have been running it like an open carior. It clicks and pops and does'nt tighten up any more but still driveable.

On a side note I am very very very heavy footed and run trails that are much harder than I should be running like 5's ina mainly stock wrangler with open diffs. In the past 6 months I have broken 3 spicer track locks from spider failier, 2 ring gears (one this weekend when I droke 12 teath off), 2 pinions , 2 shafts, one e-locker, 2 diff covers and a housing (broke in half). So I am probably on of the few that has broken one (this is all in the rear 44) . I have a set of 60's with detroits sitting in the shop ready to go in as soon as I sell my buggy.

Nonthe less I was not pleased with the product or the customer service.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts